By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite fifth generation console?

This one will be a little tougher to decide than the third and fourth generations, mostly due to Sony's arrival to the market with the Playstation, the upgrade to 3D graphics, and it's a much more recognizable generation that we can probably remember more. I won't, cause I was only about 5 around the time 64, Playstation, and Saturn were battling it out. The fifth generation systems are below:

Sony's Playstation (ruled the generation with sales of over 100 million)

Nintendo 64 (only sold a little over 30 million, but is a memory in the hearts of dedicated Nintendo fans and a worthy competitor to the Playstation)

Sega Saturn (the underdog of the fifth generation, and although it made little impact sales wise, is remembered by Segas fans everywhere)

3DO Interactive Multiplayer (advanced in it's time, but too expensive and failed to sell well)

Amiga CD32 (don't know about this one really well)

Atari Jaguar (Atari's first 3D console but last console as well. It was overshadowed by bigger competition and therefore failed)

So what is your favorite consoles out of these? Oh, and what about the Apple-Bandai Pippin? Might be an insight if Apple decides to enter a new console.

Around the Network

Nitendo 64

alot of great platformers back then

N64
Zelda, Mario 64, Mario party good times.

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Saturn - Nights, Sega Rally, Panzer Dragoon 1/2/Saga, Saturn Bomberman with 10 players, Daytona USA, Dragon Force = best Sega console

Nintendo 64

Around the Network

PS1 easy, Saturn runner-up.

N64 - It just met my preferences better than almost any other system ever has. Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Mario 64, Banjo 1 and 2, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong 64, Tetrisphere, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, Cruis'n USA and Cruis'n the World, Diddy Kong Racing... *love*

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Playstation for me, the very first console I bought with my own money.
The N64 comes a close second and is by far the best console Nintendo has ever made imo!

For me, the N64 easily.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

PS1, but N64 was nice too