By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite fifth generation console?

PS1, i couldnt really hear the sound in N64 games

Around the Network

N64.......Golden Eye was the shit!

None this was the gen I skipped...I was still playing sonic...

Former something....

My favorie console during the fifth generation was the Nintendo 64. Depsite the fact, it was being defeated by PS by sales, I enjoyed the fond memories I had with that console. I enjoyed playing games Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, and Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time, which would probably become the greatest game of all time.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

Nintendo 64.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

I had all three of the major systems back then, the first one I bought was the Saturn in 1995 which I loved until the support completely disappeared Best game that I can think of at the moment though was Daytona, Virtua Fighter 2, and Sega Rally. I had picked up a Playstation in the early part of 1997 mostly for the greatest hits games that had started to come out. I don't know what it was about the PS1 but I never really enjoyed that system as much as my friends seemed to enjoy it. Most notable games that I remember though are Tomb Raider and Gran Turismo. I picked up a Nintendo 64 also in 1997 and this system was amazing, Goldeneye, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark, 1080 Snowboarding, Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, an amazing version of Mario Kart, Star Fox, Zelda: Ocarina of Time. In my opinion the N64 was the best system of the generation.

No idea... I was a blind PC fool at that time...

But I played the PS1 several times and liked it... also had great time with the Saturn...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

PlayStation. Final Fantasy VII, The birth of Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid.

If anyone wants a list war, let's do this.

Loved the N64, but... more of my favorite games, quite possible some of my favorite games ever, were on PS1

perpride said:
PlayStation. Final Fantasy VII, The birth of Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid.

If anyone wants a list war, let's do this.

Lol, hell yes. PS1 can't be beaten in this.