By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK EXPLOSION!!! PS3, only $299.99 EUROS!!!!

Neos said:
leo-j said:
The funny thing is that its Euros at 299.99 not pounds. Why are we even having this discussion? This is news that the ps3 is going to sell well in europe.

ehmmm..okay last try for leo

In europe, we currently have different currencies

on of them is the Euro

an other one is Pound.. (and several other ones)

In most western-europe countries, we use, Euro.

In UK, they use pound. Pound = UK, the article is about UK

so, article = UK , UK = Pound, Pound = UK. 299 pounds.

this should work :>

Don't get your hopes up. Sony fanboys better speak up or forever be associated with this stupidity.

Around the Network
Ishy said:
this isn't 'HUGE NEWS' Leo...

Yes it is. A introduction of a 40gb sku with Backwards Compatability for 300 pounds, and a 50 pound+ price drop of the 60 gb PS3.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

leo-j, because you are getting slaughtered in this topic left and right, let me clarify a few things for you.

£  = pounds

The article you are referencing says the 40GB will debut at  £299.

£299 = $610 USD

£299 = €430 Euros

The price cut is indeed good if the PS3 is currently selling at £399 or €599.

so from what i understand 60 gig goes from 400 to 369 euros, and a new SKU is introduced at 300 euros.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

If this thread doesn't get back on track now, it'll get locked.

Leo-j made a mistake...but we can still discuss the prices and such, since this is news. I'm not going to ban someone for something like this...just check your facts next time leo-j...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

@soriku

how is this not a significant cut?

From £425 to £300 is about a 30% cut! This is a far bigger cut than the US 'clearance sale' and that increased sales by 187% if I remember rightly. The PS2 came out for £299 and it sold like hot cakes from the word go, there is no reason this cant do the same.

I'll wait for the PS3 to hit $200 american before I even consider it's library. Same with the 360 (and for reliability fixes).

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

johnsobas said:
so from what i understand 60 gig goes from 400 to 369 euros, and a new SKU is introduced at 300 euros.

This topic is an irrecoverable mess. The current price of the 60 gig is 600 euros, and 399 (I believe) pounds in UK. According to rumours, the new model will have a price of 400 euros and 299 pounds in UK.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

johnsobas said:

Please take a moment and re-read Neos post.

my bad about the euros thing, i mean pounds of course

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X