By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK EXPLOSION!!! PS3, only $299.99 EUROS!!!!

This thread made me lol a little.. is the UK renaming their currency to euro-dollars leo??

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Can you guys stop the idiotic bashing this is HUGE NEWS!!!

Oh the irony.

this isn't 'HUGE NEWS' Leo...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

PS3 here in UK started at £425 (almost $850) with just the system and controller, over time retailers have added varios selections of games and extra controllers and brought it down to £400. Then Sony made the official bundle thing here, i havent really looked for a while so i don't know how much it is now... The 40G at £299 should sell well though, if only Sony had started with this kind of strategy instead of messing around taking away various hardware functions/HDD space and adding various games/controllers or HDD space(in US).
i dont mind there being 2 or 3 different SKUs but i wish they would stay the same instead of jumping around.

leo-j said:
Can you guys stop the idiotic bashing this is HUGE NEWS!!!

No need for idiotic comments when you post, that's for sure, kid...

And i don't talk about today ONLY... even if today, it's the cherry on the cake...

You're so smart it makes me wanna play PS3, just to understand how it feels to throw away so much money when you have no brain: must be a nice game in itself, right?

But even at "only" 400 euros, the PS3 would still cost $600+ down here, due to really high exchange rates... so i think i'll keep my money to buy the best future Wii games, and rent most of the other nice ones...

And i'll try (really hard) to have fun while reading your posts, because THAT, at least, is for free: thanks Sony! :))

"A beautiful drawing in 480i will stay beautiful forever...

and an ugly drawing in 1080p will stay ugly forever..."

Around the Network
Jandre02 said:
Its funny looking at this stuff, you all dont expect massive sales after this price drop? Awareness+Price+Games is what was holding back the PS3 sales.
Awareness is for the average people who just dont understand the massive amount of features the PS3 has (solved this year, since the game will be coupled with Spiderman 3.)

Price for those who jsut dont have $600 US or Euro's to spend
The price is now $399. Cheaper than most blu-ray players, but its also a media center and the most advanced gaming console on the market.

Games for geeks like the people on this site. We have the best lineup coming this winter. While you could arguably have the best game in Mass Effect, we have Haze Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank which will get the kids, and Folklore which just got a 9.0 from IGN.

While among geeks the Xbox may be king, geeks dont matter. no one cares if you think the xbox is better. Sony is the known name.

LOL. Halo 3 is the best selling game of all time. It only raised sales by 20%! Didnt even break 200,000 in US. On top of that, the new xbox (Falcon chip)still gets the RRoD. I dont see how Xbox fans even argue this. Its a fantasy. You lived your fantasy for one year while sony got their shit in gear. The fantasy is over now.

I am calling it right now. There wont even be an Xbox720. Xbox is done and if your too caught up in this "oh were beating sony priced at 600 dollars with no games." hype, then i feel bad that you can be so badly manipulated by MSFT.
Not one analyst predicts Xbox winning, unless that analyst is a crackhead lol. Really, if Halo cant move consoles than what can? Price? LOL! The core costs less than a hundred more than the Wii. Isnt working there is it? XBOX IS THROUGH, PS3 reaches 16 million by next summer.

The Wii though, thats a different story all together...Not even close until atleast 2009.

Uh oh, I think Hus is already back.....AGAIN!! 

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Also bear in mind that the £ is near a 26 year high exchange rate against the $ and the Euro is near an all time high against the $. I remember a few years back when £400 would be $600. Now it's more like $800. Any direct conversions between £/Euro and the $ will seem very high. It sucks for my American friend who is visiting London and Paris with me. She will find everything incredibly expensive.
BTW I have an old American laptop so no Euro symbol :(

Here in the UK £299 is not majorly expensive to us £400 is but £300 is not, yes that is $600 we are talking about and it may seem alot to the Americans but stop saying 'oh its still too expensive' because if this is true then you can probably get a PS3 40GB with 3 free games 2 controllers for the price of a X360 Elite with no games and 1 controller which is the better deal?PS3 'cause of the free stuff.
The £299 price point will make a killing in the UK because that is verging on the cheap side (for what it is) (the Wii is £179($260) which is cheap for us considering what it is).
Look at it from our perspective if there is a £299($598) SKU then we just got a $252(£126) price drop from £425($850), now that is a proper price cut.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Off topic I know but for UK keyboard users at least - Euro sign is AltGr+4 = € Or instead of AltGr, you can use Ctrl+Alt+4

:P

@Soriku:
I guess you live in NA where thats majorly expensive its not majorly expensive here in the UK its only just expensive, anything £200 and under is cheap (in electronics) thats $400 "OMG SO EXPENSIVE". £299 to us is not a big hit to our bank balance as it is to yours(£299=$598).

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)