By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK EXPLOSION!!! PS3, only $299.99 EUROS!!!!

Fragmaster said:
I've been visiting this site for quite a while but never took the time to sign up. leo-j's unintentional humour cracked me up though, so thought I'd sign up just to show my appreciation. He took the stick he was given well, and thanks for the heads up- it was news to me.

haha welcome :D

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

Does anyone else realise that, in reality, this is hardly a price drop.

Currently the started pack is being offered in the UK with various deals (excess to 60GB PS3 shown below) with very approximate numbers;

Amazon: £400 for HDMI cable, extra SIXAXIS and two of the five 1st party launch games (Value of PS3 = around £290)
£425 for above + 1 extra game (of two avaliable) (around £270)

GAME: £425 for extra controller + three games (all launch games) (around £280)

HMV: £425 for extra controller HS, RFoM, MS (around £280)

I know these are very approximate prices but unless they are still having starter packs, this is a complete waste of time other than the ability to spend less money and it looks more attractive on paper at first

add me

Confirmed news, eh? Don't you guys find it unbelievable that a company would be THAT desperate to actually do a price drop swindle, release two new sku's, drop the first two and lastly put up a price point, that is sure to hurt their wallet? And all this within the first 10 months of the product's existance on the market (or rather 6 months since it's Europe we're talking about).

Tell you what, i have never seen anyone be that desperate to sell their product. Sony doesn't have money to burn, unlike MS.

Edit: Of course we have still to officially hear from Sony that they are in fact releasing a new sku. Damn, Sony is making such a mess to tell the truth.. 

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

TWRoO said:
lol $299 Euros in UK.
you forgot to add Yen Leo

ROFL. You just won the topic.

and yes Munkeh most of us who understand exchange rates and the original prices know this isn't much of a price drop.  That's why we are just making fun of leo-j. 

So UK is getting a stripped down 40gb PS3 for about $600 US ? That price is still to high.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network

Leo-J foot in mouth aside, I remember seeing 60gb PS3's on eBay for around £370 shortly after the European launch.

Like Munkeh said, this in reality is probably going to be an ineffective drop, considering that retailers have been taking it upon themselves to reduce prices and to make as huge bundles as possible in a bid to shift PS3's.

More than anything, this is just an 'official' tag whacked on to what retailers have been doing for months. A gimped PS3 at the same tag retailers have already unofficially been selling for will not make a huge (if any) positive effect for the PS3's losing struggle in the UK.

Its funny looking at this stuff, you all dont expect massive sales after this price drop? Awareness+Price+Games is what was holding back the PS3 sales.
Awareness is for the average people who just dont understand the massive amount of features the PS3 has (solved this year, since the game will be coupled with Spiderman 3.)

Price for those who jsut dont have $600 US or Euro's to spend
The price is now $399. Cheaper than most blu-ray players, but its also a media center and the most advanced gaming console on the market.

Games for geeks like the people on this site. We have the best lineup coming this winter. While you could arguably have the best game in Mass Effect, we have Haze Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank which will get the kids, and Folklore which just got a 9.0 from IGN.

While among geeks the Xbox may be king, geeks dont matter. no one cares if you think the xbox is better. Sony is the known name.

LOL. Halo 3 is the best selling game of all time. It only raised sales by 20%! Didnt even break 200,000 in US. On top of that, the new xbox (Falcon chip)still gets the RRoD. I dont see how Xbox fans even argue this. Its a fantasy. You lived your fantasy for one year while sony got their shit in gear. The fantasy is over now.

I am calling it right now. There wont even be an Xbox720. Xbox is done and if your too caught up in this "oh were beating sony priced at 600 dollars with no games." hype, then i feel bad that you can be so badly manipulated by MSFT.
Not one analyst predicts Xbox winning, unless that analyst is a crackhead lol. Really, if Halo cant move consoles than what can? Price? LOL! The core costs less than a hundred more than the Wii. Isnt working there is it? XBOX IS THROUGH, PS3 reaches 16 million by next summer.

The Wii though, thats a different story all together...Not even close until atleast 2009.

I thought I remembered posting about eBay prices a long time ago. I commented that prices were around £380 all the back in March. Here is the proof:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=932

Wojtas said:

Confirmed news, eh? Don't you guys find it unbelievable that a company would be THAT desperate to actually do a price drop swindle, release two new sku's, drop the first two and lastly put up a price point, that is sure to hurt their wallet? And all this within the first 10 months of the product's existance on the market (or rather 6 months since it's Europe we're talking about).

Tell you what, i have never seen anyone be that desperate to sell their product. Sony doesn't have money to burn, unlike MS.

Edit: Of course we have still to officially hear from Sony that they are in fact releasing a new sku. Damn, Sony is making such a mess to tell the truth..

I'm still in doubt on the price of this bundle. If I had to bet, I'd bet it will in fact be priced at 399 € (sorry UK, I don't know much nor care about £), but it's still possible it will be 450-499...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957