By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - UK EXPLOSION!!! PS3, only $299.99 EUROS!!!!

JustinUK said:
twesterm said:
JustinUK said:
MrMarc said:
Off topic I know but for UK keyboard users at least - Euro sign is AltGr+4 = € Or instead of AltGr, you can use Ctrl+Alt+4

:P

Oh wow. Thanks. I didn't know I could do that on my US laptop.

No I'm not being sarcastic. I really didn't know I could do a € symbol. Ya learn something new everyday.

There's a much easier shortcut: Alft + F4.

On my laptop if I do Alt+F4 I close firefox.

The AltGr+4 works OK though. Now I just need an excuse to write €. Ah there we go. €.

hahaha how can you say that serious without laughing twestern :P

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

The funny thing is that its Euros at 299.99 not pounds. Why are we even having this discussion? This is news that the ps3 is going to sell well in europe.

mM
leo-j said:
The funny thing is that its Euros at 299.99 not pounds. Why are we even having this discussion? This is news that the ps3 is going to sell well in europe.

For crying out loud, someone ban his ass for being a moron. 

@wemysst2: It's not that simple. European maybe are ripped off but not by Sony. The prices in Europe are that high mostly due to taxes. That's not Sony's fault that taxes are so high in Europe.
As for Emotion Engine. I think that Sony made that decision becouse software support for older games was far better in March 2007 when PS3 was released in EU than in November 2006. And in USA the EE will be gone soon too (only the 60GB model which is not produced anymore has it).

On topic: it's a good and quite big news. Yes it's still quite a lot of money but the lowest version will cost 200 bucks less then the one which is sold now. This is really big diffrence. And it's not Sony's fault that prices are that high in UK (Xbox Elite for example cost also 300 punds (600$) in UK).

Soriku said:
leo-j said:

No it won't. It's not even a significant cut.

299 GBP is around 430 Euros.  I am pretty sure that all the European members on this forum still find only PS3's for 600 euro.

So it is really a significant pricecut.

Around the Network
Neos said:
JustinUK said:
twesterm said:
JustinUK said:
MrMarc said:
Off topic I know but for UK keyboard users at least - Euro sign is AltGr+4 = € Or instead of AltGr, you can use Ctrl+Alt+4

:P

Oh wow. Thanks. I didn't know I could do that on my US laptop.

No I'm not being sarcastic. I really didn't know I could do a € symbol. Ya learn something new everyday.

There's a much easier shortcut: Alft + F4.

On my laptop if I do Alt+F4 I close firefox.

The AltGr+4 works OK though. Now I just need an excuse to write €. Ah there we go. €.

hahaha how can you say that serious without laughing twestern :P

Naughty TWestern!

Just as well I didn't actually fall for it......honestly

leo-j said:

people keep wanting to give you a break, keep wanting to believe you can't be that dumb, but after reading that i don't think anyone can deny it.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

can someone make a new thread with an appropriate title where we can actually discuss this?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

leo-j said:

ehmmm..okay last try for leo

In europe, we currently have different currencies

on of them is the Euro

an other one is Pound.. (and several other ones)

In most western-europe countries, we use, Euro.

In UK, they use pound. Pound = UK, the article is about UK

so, article = UK , UK = Pound, Pound = UK. 299 pounds.

this should work :> 

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

lol, Neos. We can only hope so...just LOL IRL.