By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz is Recruiting a News Team

To help VGChartz getting better, we're looking to improve the news delivering service

For that, we're looking for new people to join the News team to focus only in delivery gaming news as fast and as professionaly as possible

Those added to the news team will be promoted to Contributor, which grants access to the super secret staff forums along with the added staff bonuses like the possibility to assist gaming events like E3 as staff

We're looking for people with the will and time to collaborate, good writing skills, good responsibilty, and a good history in the forums (we don't require number of posts, just that you've shown to be a good, rational member). Also, an AIM account is indispensable (you can create one now)

If you're fluent in another language, include that, so we know you can get news from more sources

If you think you can do the job, send  an example  of any gaming news you'd like to be posted in the site, either by PM or to my mail address gfranco@vgchartz.com

We're looking for 4-5 people, so it's very likely that if you meet the requirements you can get the position

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Around the Network

Can I join the news staff?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

What if we have past moderations?

i would so do this but i cant write for my life

dsister44 said:
What if we have past moderations?

If they're old and you showed improvement, I doubt it would be any problem (for example, I would consider you have shown a lot of improvement, so if you had a moderation, it wouldn't be a breaker). The thing that's most important and what we in the News Team are looking for is writing skills and hard work. Knowing you from the DB, you can do the second part pretty well

Around the Network

Much find motivation!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

This sounds right up my alley, fun too. Let's give it a shot!

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

What's the salary?

Deleted cause it's wrong. ~naznatips

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

I am willing to put myself forward and I have already written a few short news summaries here - Elgefe, Popzara and thekitchensink, you all have approved a few of them.

But, I do have a question about time. I have a demanding day job so will only be free a couple of hours on some evenings (when Im not exhausted or have other activities) and weekends. Will this be sufficient time to qualify to be a contributor?

Also, I do tend to be much more interested in 360 news since thats the only console I own. Again, will it be suitable that more of the articles I write will predominantly be 360 orientated? (Of course I can improve my scope but it will take time).

I hope I get points for being honest! :)

Saying all that though, I will feel much more motivated to writing stuff if I get to be a Contributor and feel closer to the website.