By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
ioi said:
thats for 2 weeks...

Ouch. I thought 150k was pretty good. It'll be interesting to see the split.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

anyone ever think it would be a good idea to release a new IP titled "TITLE 2" or something. If sequels sell better, just make people think you're releasing one. I'm being sarcastic, of course, but I do wonder why a second game in a series can sell so much more than the original. I guess there are a few reasons:

1. Better game, so figures more people would buy it
2. Sheer sequel value - people that bought the first one or heard how good the first one is will buy the second one
3. Better advertising - maybe if a developer comes out with the sequel they expect the publisher to sell it to the public better and create more awareness
4. ???

I dont trust that "ioi" guy on sales. Where is Jakob Mazel when you need him?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Its still good sales.

average start even for a new IP. It has been hyped a fair bit. But, It will have legs like all Wii games and probabaly get over 1 million.

Around the Network

If true, then about what I figured, I'm sticking with 300k for 5 weeks worldwide and 750k-1.2 mil ltd...Very good for a hardcore new IP on Wii.

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Still beats the hell out of a lot of high-selling Wii games' front-end sales, especially given everything that was supposed to go against this game (hardcore Wii 3rd party new IP with short campaign no local multiplayer and incredibly generic)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Not bad, and it should secure 400k sales in Americas alone... with EU numbers at least 250-300k... so Im saying LT anywhere from ~ 700k to 1.2 million? ( yep, same as silentmac ).

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I really hope this reaches a million. Good opening, let's hope it has good legs. Good word of mouth might help it? Hopefully.

Kind of off topic but how did Monster hunter freedom unite do?

mM