By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Halo vs Gran Tursmo which brand is stronger?

Samus Aran said:
^ GT isn't the most popular racing game. Halo IS the most popular shooter.

LOL WHAT!!?!?!?!?!?!

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:

Mk is not really a racing game, same way wii sports is not a sport game you can't compare them.  And CoD4 has more sales then Halo so there goes that idea.

waron has proven before he has a problem against GT.....so I'm gonna ignore him, you do that too taz!
_________

Gran Turismo

COD has overtaken halo

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Griffin said:
Samus Aran said:

Mk is not really a racing game, same way wii sports is not a sport game you can't compare them. And CoD4 has more sales then Halo so there goes that idea.

MK is a racing game mate...

Main Series games. (rounded up)

Halo: CE - 6.4Million
Halo 2 - 8.5Million
Halo 3 - 9.9Million
Halo Series - 24.8Million

Gran Turismo - 10.9Million
Gran Turismo 2 - 9.4Million
Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec - 14.9Million (this already is higher than Halos total with 35.2m)
Gran Turismo 4 - 9.7Million
Gran Turismo Series - 44.9Million

I think its safe to say which is "stronger".
And not to forget, Gran Turismo has wordwide selling power.

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:
Gran Turismo: 50 million copies sold

Halo : about 25 million copies sold

So GT is 2 times stronger than Halo

But Mario kills them both

Agree

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

Summarizing this type of threads:

- Normal question asked
- Agressive fans from either side duking it out against one antoher
- More rational comments are made and they are ignored
- Posting of other games that aren't equationatized in the original question
- Total de-railment of the thread

Seriously, each brand is the strongest in it's own genre. Halo is not a racing game and GT is not a FPS. Halo is more known in America, while in Europe and Japan, GT is the most known racing game.
Right at this moment, Halo is the biggest franchise in the FPS market, with it's biggest rival being the COD/MW games, and GT has more competition to go against with Mario Kart from Nintendo camp and Forza from XBOX camp, but if they can deliver two great games in GT PSP and GT 5 (which I believe they will), then they will have, once again, the chance to be at the top of the mountain in the Racing genre.
So please, can we try to be gamers for once and agree that EACH game is in the finest of their genre?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

^ GT is not the most popular racing game... Calling mario kart not a racing game is LAME. What's the point of a racing game? To drive against others on a track and to get first. That's the POINT of mario kart. And please don't say mario kart has no learning curve or I'll whup your ass online =]

lestatdark said:
Summarizing this type of threads:

- Normal question asked
- Agressive fans from either side duking it out against one antoher
- More rational comments are made and they are ignored
- Posting of other games that aren't equationatized in the original question
- Total de-railment of the thread

Seriously, each brand is the strongest in it's own genre. Halo is not a racing game and GT is not a FPS. Halo is more known in America, while in Europe and Japan, GT is the most known racing game.
Right at this moment, Halo is the biggest franchise in the FPS market, with it's biggest rival being the COD/MW games, and GT has more competition to go against with Mario Kart from Nintendo camp and Forza from XBOX camp, but if they can deliver two great games in GT PSP and GT 5 (which I believe they will), then they will have, once again, the chance to be at the top of the mountain in the Racing genre.
So please, can we try to be gamers for once and agree that EACH game is in the finest of their genre?

Where did i say that mario kart isn't a racing game? Hell to me it's the best racing game, on par with GT, that's why i also said that it might have the chance to be at the top, the key word here, Might.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I wouldn't go as far as calling mario kart wii better then GT5. I'll have more fun with MKW, but that's because I hate realistic racing games. But I really feel Mario kart wii lacks detail that Nintendo only gives to there big games like zelda, metroid, main mario games. The next mario kart will be something epic, that I'm sure of.

But mario kart just has a lot more brand power then GT, it will sell 20 million+ copies.