By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I figured out why The Conduit sucks.

scottie said:
The fact that you like Halo means that you and I have vastly different taste in FPS. So you not liking the Conduit means I probably will like it

I like Halo, GoldenEye, Perfect Dark, and TimeSplitters. I should like this game, but I don't. *sigh* if only id had made it!

Around the Network

Wow, someone who likes Halo AND Timesplitters? Craziness

Although I agree that the lack of splitscreen makes the game a lot worse than it could be

scottie said:
Wow, someone who likes Halo AND Timesplitters? Craziness

Although I agree that the lack of splitscreen makes the game a lot worse than it could be

Even Doom 64 had splitscreen and that came out 11 years ago. If only id had made this game!

so what if the Conduit is a mediocre FPS, there will always be people who like it, and people who don't, it's black and white with no grey in between and the reviews reflect this.

Gotta give HVS some credit, at least they tried to break away from the licensed shit they normally do and try to establish the selves as something better, because once they are labled a AAA developer, then they have some leverage to do what they want to some degree of course and at the end of the day this is what all developers want....it makes getting a publisher easier.

I wonder what HVS could be capable of if they were given the backing and resources of a halo game or a Killzone game....I suppose we will never know.

***spoiler request*****

*sigh* I guess the OP escapes most of you, so let me clear it up since everyone is falling for it apparently.

He's made points in the OP that says it's a good game but it's bad because it's made by HVS and not a Bungie, id, valve, etc. It's an attempt at Rol's version of sarcasm.

The Conduit made by Valve = good, The Conduit made by HVS = bad, same game both times but the name of who made it has changed.

Now a few of you can get the joke ;)

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
Destroyer_of_knights said:
so what if the Conduit is a mediocre FPS, there will always be people who like it, and people who don't, it's black and white with no grey in between and the reviews reflect this.

Gotta give HVS some credit, at least they tried to break away from the licensed shit they normally do and try to establish the selves as something better, because once they are labled a AAA developer, then they have some leverage to do what they want to some degree of course and at the end of the day this is what all developers want....it makes getting a publisher easier.

I wonder what HVS could be capable of if they were given the backing and resources of a halo game or a Killzone game....I suppose we will never know.

I can't do anything with this. What are you trying to say?

Snesboy said:

-The Conduit is mediocre.

-Give HVS some credit for trying something that isn't shovelware.

-If HVS were given the same resources and backing as Halo or Killzone, what could HVS create.

Point form FTW!!!

Snesboy said:

-If HVS were given the same resources and backing as Halo or Killzone, what could HVS create.

Point form FTW!!!

id/Valve/Bungie/Free Radical/Guerilla/Rare should have made this game. I see what you are saying now. ftw indeed.

Snesboy said:
Snesboy said:

Point form FTW!!!

id/Valve/Bungie/Free Radical/Guerilla/Rare should have made this game. I see what you are saying now. ftw indeed.

nope not saying that at all, infact you got it all wrong.

What I was trying to say is, What could HVS be capable of as a developer, if they had resource backing from Sony or Microsoft.

I'm one of the people who didn't get the joke. It doesn't really work, too, maybe because reviews indicate that The Conduit actually DOES have a few flaws, like a weak story and all? Most reviews are around 75-80%, that's good. Not Mario-Galaxy-Zelda-fantastic, which it probably isn't.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii)