By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is The Conduit Review Another Nail In The Wii Coffin.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
Carl2291 said:
amp316 said:
Does this mean that the Wii's bubble is bursting?

Its running out of amateurs to buy it.

It's running out of people to buy it.  I mean over 50 million people have bought it around three years.

There are only so many soccer moms. But the big problem for Nintendo, and this explains why the Wii is slowing down by so much in the UK, is that they don't call it soccer in the UK. No soccer = no soccer moms = Wii is doomed.

That's right.  It's called football in the U.K. 

In the U.S.A. they call a completely different sport football and this can lead to some confusion. 

Speaking of american football, I heard a rumor that you are a Packers fan.  I am a Bears fan myself, and if I didn't like you would delete you immediately from my friend's list for this.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
amp316 said:
Can we see some sales for the Conduit before it's deemed to be a failure or a success?

You know this isn't a thread where logic may be used. Since the conduit didn't get perfect reviews, it has doomed the wii.   

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Samus Aran said:
Carl2291 said:
Samus Aran said:
Because the wii only has one good game right?

Anyway, the conduit had a good opening week in America, so why complain?

What numbers have been reported? I aint seen anything yet

An article at Vgchartz said 100000+ copies sold and more online traffic then mario kart wii and super smash bros brawl. Gamespy was impressed, so they said.

Impressive. NA + Others or just NA?

Either way, i could see it hitting at least 400k if thats its opening.

This wont end well...

But yes, the Wii will probably slow down... it wont be dead by any means and IMO it will still lead by far this gen in sales, just that it will be hard to measure up to 08's sales ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

flamebait thread

Around the Network

LMAO I believe the Wii is nothing like a one hit wonder. Not even a need to post why. As it is just so easy to see. O wait I get it. I just took the bait. IN that case. AMG!!!! the Wii is doomed!!! Do people who start these post really even think that? No, really I want to know. Why, anytime their is two opposing sides/companies, do people keep up with the amg it is doomed BS? DO you think if you say it enough, it will come true? Does it make you feel good to post total nonsense? Anyways, you pick a system that is doing well. You pick the worst review as your example. (Their are reviews that rate it much much higher.) Plenty of other games hyped up fail on every system. IN fact Show me a system that has not happend on? I really doubt The Conduit is a flop. It has pretty decent sales for a new IP, and from a pretty much unknown company.

RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
Can we see some sales for the Conduit before it's deemed to be a failure or a success?

Since when is sales data better or more reliable than review scores and anecdotes? If all your friends don't like a certain thing, it's certain that nobody likes it.

I don't know about this.  I like vanilla ice cream and a lot of people that I know think that it's bland.

I can't be the only one that like vanilla ice cream though, so I have to question your theory a little bit.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger