By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 ever have a game of 10 million in sales or more?

CatFangs806, dont forget that PS3 is not xbox360 that just have 1 or 2 major exclusives each year, and obviously everybody buy that exclusive.

In the 2007 was hallo3 and... (nothing more). Last year was geas 2 and ... (nothing more). The rest of xbox360 good games whe can play them in PC or in other consoles. Obviously whith so few (quality) choices this exclusives sell like hell.

This year was ... errr (nothing yet...lol). In this moment PS3 owners are playing the best 2009 exclusives of the market like Killzone 2 or inFamous and the 360 owners must be playing multiplat games or the same exclusives of ... 2006 or 2007 maybe!?

PS3 each year launch a lot of great (really great) exclusives (thats why PS3 have the best exclusives on the market -by far-) and the PS3 owners are allays very divided in in the moment of buy games because they have too many great choices and not just a bunch of average multiplatform games and 1 or 2 decent exclusives like xbox360 does.

Uncharted & The Last of Us 

(Definitely, best games of last Gen)

Around the Network

GT5 wont but GT6 will

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

bobo11 said:
Really? I'm not sure, can you please tell me a 360 game which has sold 10 million?

Cheers ;)

No 360 game has sold 10 million yet, but Halo 3 is almost there.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Tonight we're gonna party like it's 2007!

The truth is that when you have so few quality exclusives on your system the few that you do have will sell well. That's why certian fanboys are still talking about 2007's Halo 3. The game really isn't that good.

gtcarro said:

CatFangs806, dont forget that PS3 is not xbox360 that just have 1 or 2 major exclusives each year, and obviously everybody buy that exclusive.

In the 2007 was hallo3 and... (nothing more). Last year was geas 2 and ... (nothing more). The rest of xbox360 good games whe can play them in PC or in other consoles. Obviously whith so few (quality) choices this exclusives sell like hell.

This year was ... errr (nothing yet...lol). In this moment PS3 owners are playing the best 2009 exclusives of the market like Killzone 2 or inFamous and the 360 owners must be playing multiplat games or the same exclusives of ... 2006 or 2007 maybe!?

PS3 each year launch a lot of great (really great) exclusives (thats why PS3 have the best exclusives on the market -by far-) and the PS3 owners are allays very divided in in the moment of buy games because they have too many great choices and not just a bunch of average multiplatform games and 1 or 2 decent exclusives like xbox360 does.

What does this cra... euh... post ... has anything to do with the OP ?

Plus, it is soo biased **sight**... IMO somebody is enjoying himself creating new account to make some PS3 fanboys impression... (third/fourth time this week ?)

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Around the Network

Gran Turismo 5

bobo11 said:
Really? I'm not sure, can you please tell me a 360 game which has sold 10 million?

Cheers ;)

Sh*t, another newbie who don't make some checking before posting...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Only the wii can sell 10 million copies of a single game with ease. I mean, we have 3 games coming out soon that everyone expects to sell atleast 10 million... That's a high number, but I would be dissapointed if wii sports resort or new super mario bros. only sell 10 million copies.

Sardauk said:
bobo11 said:

Cheers ;)

Sh*t, another newbie who don't make some checking before posting...

Well I did check, and couldn't find any, and so I asked which 360 games have sold 10 million.

And there aren't any so far? Hmm smart thread maker indeed

No, it probably won't. The software trends for the PS3 are clear, so it can't be compared to previous PS gens. The only way GT5 will sell over 10 mil (IMO) is if it is bundled SUPER heavily.

Folks, even the software giant 360 will likely only have 1 or maybe 2 (Halo Reach?) that sell over 10 mil. Let's be realistic here, folks.

Edit:  For the record, having a 10 million seller or not has no bearing on if the PS3 sells decently or not, so its really not a huge deal.  And the post by scottie is a must read to give some realistic perspective.