By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 ever have a game of 10 million in sales or more?

Probably not. Unless they create a game with a halo like fanbase and increase their userbase it probably wont happen

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Around the Network

The only Game that has a chance is gran Turismo, but PS3 has extremely limited Userbase, therefore 10 milion will be a huge challenge. We will have to wait to see whether price cut can have significant effect, then maybe Bundles could push that title above 10m. But at the moment Sony wont get there.

It could happen with GT5, depending on how long they bundle it for.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

They will have to bundle GT5 for about 2-4 years to help it get to 10 Million or more.

GT5 will almost certainly do it.

Around the Network

well considering Halo 3 has almost 10 million and theres 30 million xbox360 users so one third have halo,for GT5 to get 10 million Half of all ps3 users would have to buy it

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Not a fanboy post? "Those pesky PS3 fanboys" sounds like fanboy jingoism right there!. GT5 will and with the increased hardware units sold others will follow. just an opinion at the moment.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Interesting post.

Uncharted & The Last of Us 

(Definitely, best games of last Gen)

Really? I'm not sure, can you please tell me a 360 game which has sold 10 million?

Cheers ;)

AE86 said:

GT5 will almost certainly do it.

I'm not sure... because Gran Turismo 4 didn't / barely did (9.xx millions).

But the install base of the PS2 is/was something else than the PS3 one...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.