By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 ever have a game of 10 million in sales or more?

the best way to get 10million is to bundle a game with the slim. Other than that, I don't see any ps3 game really cracking the 10mil mark, unless ffxiii or gt5 are promoted extensively.

Around the Network
CatFangs806 said:
Why would a 70's themed GTA sell over ten million?

casue its GTA and exclusive.

Who says it will be exclusive? San Andreas and 4 were on both the xbox and playstation, as well as the pc.

I believe FFXIII would have had a shot at 10m on the PS3, had it not gone multi-plat.

CatFangs806 said:
Who says it will be exclusive? San Andreas and 4 were on both the xbox and playstation, as well as the pc.

Are you dense or something, that rockstar "exclusive" has a chance for massive sales if its like GTA aka me saying pretty much a 70s gta.

Around the Network

I haven't heard anything about an exclusive game from them lately. If that's the case, then a 70's GTA would be massive. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I didn't know they had that planned.

No way now, the userbase isn't that big. Maybe GT5, who knows.
Bundled games doesn't count because WiiSports is not the best selling game of all time because it is bundled with the Wii.

No, I don't think so. A lot of people seem to think that GT5 is going to post PS2-numbers, but I severely doubt it. It'll sell well, but I don't think it'll break 10 million.

CatFangs806 said:

The closest it's gotten is Grand Theft Auto 4 at 5 or 6 million, and it's a multiplatform game. The highest selling exclusive is Metal Gear Solid 4 at 4 million. I have trouble believing that the PS3 will ever see that landmark that almost every other popular console has seen. This is not a fanboy post. Just put away your fanboyism and look at the numbers.

At first unbolded - GT5 will undoubtably outsell GTA4, it certainly has a chance at 10 million. I will agree that no other PS3 game that we know of has a chance, not even FFXIII.

At bolded

Consoles that have 10 million sellers

Wii

Nes

Snes

PS2

PS1

N64

360 (well, not technically, but soon it will)

Note that the N64 is (currently) the only 2nd place console on the list. 360 will be the 2nd. If the GT5 sells 10 million, the PS3 will be the first 3rd place console on the list

At the second unbolded part - Yes it is. You are a fanboy. My fanboyism is not so much put away as it is irrelevant (I have no favourite out of MS and Sony), I am looking at the numbers, and would say the PS3 has a good chance of getting a 10 million seller, which would be an amazing acheivement.

I don't know, it really does depend on good old GT5. But at this point I would consider better against rather than for such an event happening. Its probably really dependent on how many PS3s they can sell over the next year starting from now.

Tease.