By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 ever have a game of 10 million in sales or more?

The closest it's gotten is Grand Theft Auto 4 at 5 or 6 million, and it's a multiplatform game. The highest selling exclusive is Metal Gear Solid 4 at 4 million. I have trouble believing that the PS3 will ever see that landmark that almost every other popular console has seen. This is not a fanboy post. Just put away your fanboyism and look at the numbers.

Around the Network

you dont believe?

the only one that has a shot is GT5, but I don't think it's going to.

I'm afraid I don't at the moment. I like the PS3 but the numbers just aren't that great on it's games.

I agree with TheThunder, GT5 (maybe) that is it.....:(

Around the Network

Only GT5 can.

I agree. The GT games barely cracked 10 million on the PS2 alone. The PS3 has a much smalled userbase, so I doubt it. Yet who knows. Those pesky PS3 fanboys can do wonderful things for sales.

Thought konami said it reached 5 million?

Oh well, anyways i dont think it will have a 10 million selling game. Just doesnt seem like it can pull it off. would be cool if it did but i dont see it happening with good games that got good advertising like killzone 2 or LBP.

I cant see GT5 or GoW doing it either.

Bungie got a big break with Halo i guess.

GT5 is pretty much a sure thing, nothing else unless that rockstar thing is pretty much a 70s GTA.

Why would a 70's themed GTA sell over ten million?