By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Predict Uncharted 2 reviews at IGN and GS

IGN and GS are not only the most credible and trusted sources, but they are the most popular by a long shot. No other reviews go as in-deoth as IGN and GS and both are widely accepted as the two big review sites.

With that said: Predict the scores they will give Uncharted 2. The first Uncharted got a 8.0 from GS and a 9.1 from IGN.

The sequel now has many improvements and upgrades to a point where it can probably be called the most IMPROVED sequel to a game from this gen. Upgraded graphics, newly added multiplayer and co-op, refined shooting system, more variety in enemies, etc.

I predict 9.5 from GS. Afterall, they gave InFamous a 9.0, I dont think U2 can possibly be any lower than that.

At IGN I predict somewhere from 9.6-10 out of 10. If they liked Drakes Fortune enough to rate it 9.1, they will absolutely love U2. I've played the Beta for the past month and it completely blows DF out of the water in every way possible. I wouldn't be surprised if IGN gives U2 a perfect 10/10.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

For the ppl who are going to come in and say "wait til the game is released" etc etc etc.....

The Beta has already been released for a month and Ive played it extensively.... there is alot of gameplay footage available online... tons of info from interviews and E3... there is more than enough for us to guesstimate what kind of reviews it will get.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

IGN 9.6, GS 8.5

GameSpot also gave Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction 6.5 or something like that

IGN 9.5
GS 8.0

Feel free to add me as your friend-PSN ID: Bobo012893

Munkeh111 said:
IGN 9.6, GS 8.5

GameSpot also gave Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction 6.5 or something like that

GS gave R&C Future a 7.5....which is a whole lot better than 6.5

I don't see how they can simply give U2 .5 better than Drakes Fortune with the huge amount of upgrades and gameplay modes Naughty Dog has made.

You guys are underestimating how much this game is improved over the first one.

Around the Network
Bobo012893 said:
IGN 9.5

You think online multiplayer and co-op, along with refined shooting and upgraded graphics only warrant a .4 increase from IGN???

Seriously??? IGNs big knock on Drakes Fortune was lack of replay value.... with the online multiplayer, it adds countless hours or replayability. The Producers of U2 have also gone on record to state that the single player campaign will be much longer than Drakes Fortune.

No doubt in my mind it U2 will score 9.6-10 out of 10 on IGN. Though I guess we will have to wait and see.

@ infamous, I just don't respect GameSpot

It will depend on how much of an improvement the game is over its first outing.

Most reviewers tend to downgrade a game that just goes for a wash rinse and repeat sequel as it lacks innovation.

Well this is their conclusions from UDF:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gamespot:

Incredible production values and plenty of thrilling moments help make Uncharted an action-packed adventure, in spite of some slightly uneven gameplay.

The Good

• Lush jungle environments are stunningly realized  
  • Drake's animations are nuanced and naturalistic.

The Bad

• Tough and plentiful enemies can make firefights frustrating  
  • Platforming elements can be too forgiving  
  • Certain story elements are underdeveloped.
It also gets the following game emblems: Good VA, Good start (to a franchise), good animation, outstanding visual design, technically proficient graphics

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN:

Closing Comments
Here's the thing about Uncharted, the final sum is far greater than the individual parts. Maybe you don't dig the combat or maybe the pop-in gets you down, but the overall package of an endearing story, outstanding score, great performances and fun gameplay should put this title on the top of your holiday wishlist. Say what you will about the PS3, but Uncharted isn't just a standout for Sony -- it's a standout for gaming as a whole.

IGN Ratings for Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
9.5 Presentation
The whole thing has the polish of a major motion picture and goes out of its way to immerse you in the experience with amazing cutscenes, music and more.
9.0 Graphics
There's no doubt the game looks great and that the use of in-game assets for the movies is seamless transition, but there's still a fair amount of screen tearing and texture pop in.
9.5 Sound
From the low instrumental piece accompanying the opening screen to the sweeping score that runs throughout the whole game, this is what videogame music should be.
9.0 Gameplay
This game is flat-out fun to play. Leaping from ledges is awesome, shootouts are fun, and the occasional vehicle section is a nice change of pace. Still, the pirate battles can be a bit much.
8.5 Lasting Appeal
The game is short, but the medals, rewards and bonuses should be enough to bring you back at least once.
Outstanding
OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Cypher1980 said:
It will depend on how much of an improvement the game is over its first outing.

Most reviewers tend to downgrade a game that just goes for a wash rinse and repeat sequel as it lacks innovation.

Have you not read any of the E3 coverage?