By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Xbox 360 will fall to 3rd place this gen

Article here.

Taken from the text:

"Although Microsoft’s Xbox 360 enjoyed a first mover advantage, we think that its market position will fade to third place due to lack of penetration in Japan."

"By the end of 2011 (the extent of our current forecast), we see Nintendo 'winning' the console war by maintaining its share, with 48% of this market. We expect Sony to pull even with Microsoft, each with 26% market share. Notwithstanding the projected finish, we truly believe that all three manufacturers should be considered 'winners' "

Makes for interesting reading. I don't think anyone disputes the Wiis claim to victory, but I am surprised that in the current climate, they believe the 360 will be caught by the PS3 in 2.5 years. I know he has predicted before and come up short - I think everyone did both at the start of this gen with Sony's shortcomings and in the GFC with sales now way down.

Sony's pricecut is certain though, as is a GT5 release in the holiday season. Europe and Japan will go batshit f*cking insane for it. 2010 promises to be another glory year of gaming from all parties with expected titles to come and recovery from the GFC in most regions. Add to this the expected refresh of the 360 with Natal and the rumored WiiHD, and this gen still has years to play out.

Around the Network

Wouldn't surprise me.

dude.. why did you post t his

Well, anything's possible. The end of 2011 is a long ways away and a lot can change in that timeframe.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

it was my idea to post this first.

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:

Why did you?

Cant really argue with the reason.

badgenome said:
angrypoolman said:

Why did you?

cuz rol made me do it. this was all his idea >_<

sounds about right to me, i think xbox and ps3 will have similar numbers or ps3 slightly above at the end of this gen , but i agree with his statement they should all be considered winners

Lies... when Sony almost cathes up and the lead for Microsoft is 1 they will launch their new console and make this gen non-important... Briljant.. Bill Gates thought about this himself!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)