By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter: Xbox 360 will fall to 3rd place this gen

Carl2291 said:
Cant really argue with the reason.

lol yes you can, in fact if anything helps put PS3 ahead it won't be Japan, people are putting to much stock into FF13

EDIT - So does this mean the 360 has 2nd place locked in the bag, seen as the opposite happens to whatever patcher says?

Around the Network

It's possible, but if it does happen, my bet is that it will be too late to matter. It's not like third-parties would suddenly switch from multiplatform development to PS3-exclusive development. From a third-party development perspective, this generation is already decided; the only thing still up for grabs is bragging rights.

(Motion control support is another matter entirely. There's no telling what will happen there, but my bet is that the Wii will have complete dominance over that market in terms of third-party support.)

Wii is doomed... check
360 is doomed... check

PS3 is doomed... MISSING!!!!!

Come on people! We need a PS3 doomed thread to call this a day.

they are not catching them by 2011. They have been saying that Sony will catch Microsoft every year that goes by and nothing changes. Microsoft outsells them every year. They can't catch Microsoft at this point

seece said:
Carl2291 said:
Cant really argue with the reason.

lol yes you can, in fact if anything helps put PS3 ahead it won't be Japan, people are putting to much stock into FF13

EDIT - So does this mean the 360 has 2nd place locked in the bag, seen as the opposite happens to whatever patcher says?

Japan will still be a major factor though, if it happens.

Not to mension the heavily rumored slimline for the end of the year.

Imagine the sales boost in Japan and Europe with slim + FF13/GT5

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
it was my idea to post this first.

snooze you lose, poolman

Grooski said:
angrypoolman said:

snooze you lose, poolman

yea, you beat me. congrats. =[

angrypoolman said:
Grooski said:
angrypoolman said:

snooze you lose, poolman

yea, you beat me. congrats. =[

lol he beat you by 4 minutes aka 240 second

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

no it won't
360 will get 2nd place!!!!!
and the gap between 360/ps3 is only just geting interesting

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

I just don't see this happening. Everything would have to go just right for Sony to catch up to Microsoft.

In Q4 2008, everything seemed to go right for the 360 and everything seemed to go wrong for the PS3. In that scenario, the 360 outsold the PS3 by 2 million units. If we completely reverse the scenario, and the PS3 makes up 2 million units for Q4 2009, 2010, and 2011, then we still have 2 million units to go out of the current 8 million unit gap.

That leaves Sony 21 slow months to make up the other 2 million. That would require the PS3 to sell around 100,000 more units per month than the 360. Starting now.

I just don't see Microsoft allowing Sony to completely dominate three holiday seasons in a row. I also don't see the PS3 taking off like that month after month in the slow time of the year. The PS3 has not won a year against the 360 yet. This prediction just isn't going to come true.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)