By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The 8 Biggest Hardcore HD games of Fall 2009,

lol yea gt5 is 2010 but i didnt see mag on there lol GJ on the pics man looks good

Around the Network
JaggedSac said:
So there are two things that need to be defined for this thread to work:

Biggest
Hardcore

I agree. Thoughts and choices are being blurred!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

--OkeyDokey-- said:

I see people are still doubting Bayonetta. Tsk, tsk.

Seece, you have Lips in your sig. You're in no position to call other people out on their tastes :P

Its funny you should say that, Lips has had a lot of playtime (me and my neice play it every saturday), if Lips 2 was up there I would be saying exactly the same.

Rainbird said:
seece said:

@ Disolitude & Rainbird, thats because you don't "like" those games as much, doesn't mean they're worse. I'm not saying Bayonetta is going to be crap, but looking at that list of games, which game strikes as having the worst dev and most chance for being the worst game, it isn't any of the other 7. Bayonetta stands out like a sore thumb in that list.

To you maybe, I feel the same way about BioShock 2. BioShock wasn't a bad game, but I never found it to be GotY material, and I never understood why it got so much praise.

In the land of gaming where everything is an opinion, there needs to be a benchmark of what is good, popular opinion and reviews is really all we have, if those 8 games were in a poll, best to worst, Baynetta would be dead last wouldn't it?

Just to be fair... when it comes to "Hardcore" nothing will top Demon's Souls this fall.

Bayonetta seems more "hardcore" than pretty much everytthing on that list to me. If it has a difficulty and style remotely similar to DMC3 then I think it should be there.

The list seems to focus more on "Biggest" instead of hardcore... That's just my opinion when I see games like MW2, Forza3, Halo:ODST and somewhat for AC2.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

By "hardcore" you either mean....

"Hardcore" in terms of difficulty,length,gameplay ETC.

or

"Hardcore" as in hardcore in sales.

disolitude said:
seece said:
disolitude said:
Bayonetta should stay...that title will most likely be more "hardcore" than any other. If its anything like dEvil May cry and 3...

Also, FPS does not = hardcore. Left 4 Dead is an arcade game...

Its most likely to be the worst as well ....

Are we talking worst for the Metacritic gods?

Cause I know for a fact I will like bayonetta better than assasins creed, forza 3, Bioshock 2, Uncharted 2 and most likely Splinter Cell Conviction.

this, Although not U2 the beta was really sweet.

Bayonetta looks way more interesting than Left 4 Dead 1.5, don't get me wrong I love L4D I think it's the second best 360 game (after TF2) but the squeal looks way to similar to the first. Bayonetta on the other hand looks great far more interesting than Sigma 2 and should satisfy my hack n' slash need till the awesomence in my sig drops in 2010

BTW the weakest game in the list IMO is Bioshock 2 and ASS Creed 2

umm u guys missed one Demon's Souls

seece said:
Rainbird said:
seece said:

@ Disolitude & Rainbird, thats because you don't "like" those games as much, doesn't mean they're worse. I'm not saying Bayonetta is going to be crap, but looking at that list of games, which game strikes as having the worst dev and most chance for being the worst game, it isn't any of the other 7. Bayonetta stands out like a sore thumb in that list.

To you maybe, I feel the same way about BioShock 2. BioShock wasn't a bad game, but I never found it to be GotY material, and I never understood why it got so much praise.

In the land of gaming where everything is an opinion, there needs to be a benchmark of what is good, popular opinion and reviews is really all we have, if those 8 games were in a poll, best to worst, Baynetta would be dead last wouldn't it?

In the land of gaming, where old IPs are valued much higher than new and unproven ones, that would be the case. A shame. All the other games would defeat Bayonetta for the sole reason that they had good predessecors.

But new IPs like Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet and Gears of War have proven that new IPs can be awesome. What Bayonetta doesn't benefit from, is that is a niche product. The style alone makes sure of that.

Interesting that 3 are X360 games (Halo 3 ODST, Forza 3 and Splinter Cell) while just one is PS3 exclusive (Uncharted).