By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it feel like to be a god in gaming?

It's all right. It can get quite annoying sometimes, though. I was a pretty active competitive pokémon player a while ago. I could hold my own with some awesome players and placed nicely at tourneys I went to. Of course, I pretty much stopped and now I don't have the slightest clue what's going on with the meta game anymore ^^;

I've been trying to get back into competitive smash bros. lately but I haven't been able to make it to a tourney in months >.>

Oh, and of course I see a gaming "god" a bit overstatement :X

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
RolStoppable said:
kirby007 said:
TWRoO said:
kirby007 said:
you shouldn't play me in cod2 it feels like assrape

How do you know unless you played against yourself.

(do you have a time machine?)

heh I have been told

Probably from the people that played on your team.

you should know i only play deathmatch, no team for me

Well, not anymore. Obviously.

I never play team, you mostly get paired with players who aint as good

At assrape?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

If your doing good in game it feels great. However, I would never say the feeling is Godly, because ya know it is just games.

Mendicate Bias said:
I used to be one of the top 10 players in New England for Halo:CE and am still probably in the top 20 for Halo 3. I've gone to major national tournaments and played against the best Halo players in the world including T-Squared, The Ogre Twins, Strange Purple, Xena, Fatal Matt, Mudvayne and a few others.

LOL the last 3 you put look like a HUGE joke compared to the other ones.

I was a god at Battlefield 1942. There was no official ranking but there was some internetchecker that followed people playing on dedicated servers. I managed to stay in the top 5 for quite some time while it followed about 200k people.

On servers I was often accused of cheating but, hey, if you can take over a control point 1 vs ten and win unscathed as an engineer the fun just makes up for it.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

im ranked 13 (world wide) on geometry wars galaxy (the ds version)...i feel quiet geeky

The closest thing i got to godly is drums on Rockband 2... and as soon as i think that, someone comes into my room and rapes me >_>....

Mendicate Bias said:
yo_john117 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
I used to be one of the top 10 players in New England for Halo:CE and am still probably in the top 20 for Halo 3. I've gone to major national tournaments and played against the best Halo players in the world including T-Squared, The Ogre Twins, Strange Purple, Xena, Fatal Matt, Mudvayne and a few others.

The number one SSBB player in the world Korean DJ goes to my university and were pretty good friends so I'm also a beastly SSBM and SSBB player since he trained me.

I only go to local tournaments for fun now since I'm busy with getting into medical school and my life is just too busy.

Damn!! so your one of the Halo gods! That is freakin impressive. How did you get that good? if you have any youtube videos, you should post them here.

I had a close group of friends and were all ultra competitive so we would play together all the time and would look for ways to get better. Then we heard about XBC which was a way for people to play Halo:CE online. It also happened to foster the most competitive online Halo community in the world at the time. Through that we heard about MLG and seeing as how we had won every local tournament we decided to go. Thats when I got my first taste of playing with the pro's. Their level of play was so beyond anything I had ever seen it left me stunned. I don't know how but we managed to pull ourselves together and got some major upsets against some big teams. Unfortunately we got matched up with T-squared a bit into the tournament and we got knocked out but we made a name for ourselves.

We never became one of the top players in the circuit seeing as how you have to travel around the country but we made connections and have been able to play with the pro's ever since. lol So basically the answer to your question is usually the best players come out of a community where there is a large pool of competitive players that continually push you to up your game to the next level. If you really want to learn about competitive gaming I would suggest you go to mlgpro.com

They have everything from videos to interviews with pro's and have online leagues for everything from Halo 3 and GoW to Killzone and SSBB. If you want you can give me your gamertag too and I could try and get you into some Halo 3 games with really good players. I have a final tomorrow but i should be online for a while after that.

Good stuff man im pretty jealous back in the day i was pretty good. But i havnt really played halo in the last year but i used to be fantastic. I got an account to a 50 in team Doubles in only 55 games. I only lost 1 game. But alas i dont have the time to be play anymore and ive sorta lost interest. But i wish i couldve played u guys on XBC in halo CE!

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Oh and i used to be ranked in the top 100 in gears of war for several weeks and once in the top 10. but i never played enough to crack more than the top 5000 overall though

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I'm always top rank when the neighbor kid comes over to play.

4 ≈ One