By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it feel like to be a god in gaming?

I'm sure many of you, like I, have wondered what it feels like to be one of the best in a game.  The closest i've ever come is Guitar Hero 3, where i'm ranked on average 10,000 on the leaderboards.

What games are you really good at, and are there any gods of gaming on this site?

Around the Network

I suppose I am pretty awesome at Wii Boxing.... 3008 skill points

I wouldn't describe anything as Godly though, sounds silly

When I play killzone 2

mM

I was top 1000 on Killzone 2 for the first 2 weeks, highest I was, was in the 300's.
Then I got, sloppy, started playing less and just fucking around so my KD ratio died and so did my ranking haha.

I used to be one of the top 10 players in New England for Halo:CE and am still probably in the top 20 for Halo 3. I've gone to major national tournaments and played against the best Halo players in the world including T-Squared, The Ogre Twins, Strange Purple, Xena, Fatal Matt, Mudvayne and a few others.

The number one SSBB player in the world Korean DJ goes to my university and were pretty good friends so I'm also a beastly SSBM and SSBB player since he trained me.

I only go to local tournaments for fun now since I'm busy with getting into medical school and my life is just too busy.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Around the Network

Well, I was ranked #1 in Hero vs. Hero for a while in LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II on 360.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I was number within the top 100 for killzone for about a month before i quit playing, and all my buddies at gamestop would just be like god damn dude......it was nice, but once you leave the gamestop hud.....everything goes back to normal no one knows you. However the feeling of knowing you're getting first place in every online match your doing....just can't be beat.

Edit: I lied sex takes the top spot on that, so it's actually second to one.

Edit Edit: My girlfriend just hit me...ok so third to be with your lady friend as well (at least thats what she's telling me to say)

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

It's good right up until people start remembering your name. Once they notice you in a directly competitive game, the game gets a lot harder as people will actively go after you over other targets or avoid you as much as possible.

Also, the accusations of cheater are amusing at first but get old really fast.

I was among the top 1000 in a few of Bionic Commando Rearmed's challenge rooms when it came out.......then people who were actually able to play video games bought it and raped my scores.

Mendicate Bias said:
I used to be one of the top 10 players in New England for Halo:CE and am still probably in the top 20 for Halo 3. I've gone to major national tournaments and played against the best Halo players in the world including T-Squared, The Ogre Twins, Strange Purple, Xena, Fatal Matt, Mudvayne and a few others.

The number one SSBB player in the world Korean DJ goes to my university and were pretty good friends so I'm also a beastly SSBM and SSBB player since he trained me.

I only go to local tournaments for fun now since I'm busy with getting into medical school and my life is just too busy.

Damn!! so your one of the Halo gods!  That is freakin impressive.  How did you get that good?  if you have any youtube videos, you should post them here.