By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What does it feel like to be a god in gaming?

In TF2, its quite nice. Being able to shoot anybody, regardless of distance in the head and take them out one hit is very relaxing. Good'ay, mate.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

I was top-ranked in Mario Strikers Charged for a while, though i'm not sure how. Very basic tactical stuff out there.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

outlawauron said:
Well, I was ranked #1 in Hero vs. Hero for a while in LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth II on 360.

And that is why. :P

I'm awesome at Wii Fit. I got full points in the heading the scccer ball games (I'm a Fit God :D)

I put up with Too Human long enough to max out my character's level, which took a awhile. I should be a god for that.

Around the Network

It can get really old honestly. Project Justice is a game I am essentially unbeatable at. Outside of a tournament (which was rare when the game was popular) no one will play me anymore. I am certain my skills have gone down since I was at my prime, but there was no one around who felt like watching me beat the crap out of them consistently even with the worst characters. Might be different now with the world of online, but it could suck hard before that.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Mendicate Bias said:
yo_john117 said:
Mendicate Bias said:
I used to be one of the top 10 players in New England for Halo:CE and am still probably in the top 20 for Halo 3. I've gone to major national tournaments and played against the best Halo players in the world including T-Squared, The Ogre Twins, Strange Purple, Xena, Fatal Matt, Mudvayne and a few others.

The number one SSBB player in the world Korean DJ goes to my university and were pretty good friends so I'm also a beastly SSBM and SSBB player since he trained me.

I only go to local tournaments for fun now since I'm busy with getting into medical school and my life is just too busy.

Damn!! so your one of the Halo gods! That is freakin impressive. How did you get that good? if you have any youtube videos, you should post them here.

I had a close group of friends and were all ultra competitive so we would play together all the time and would look for ways to get better. Then we heard about XBC which was a way for people to play Halo:CE online. It also happened to foster the most competitive online Halo community in the world at the time. Through that we heard about MLG and seeing as how we had won every local tournament we decided to go. Thats when I got my first taste of playing with the pro's. Their level of play was so beyond anything I had ever seen it left me stunned. I don't know how but we managed to pull ourselves together and got some major upsets against some big teams. Unfortunately we got matched up with T-squared a bit into the tournament and we got knocked out but we made a name for ourselves.

We never became one of the top players in the circuit seeing as how you have to travel around the country but we made connections and have been able to play with the pro's ever since. lol So basically the answer to your question is usually the best players come out of a community where there is a large pool of competitive players that continually push you to up your game to the next level. If you really want to learn about competitive gaming I would suggest you go to mlgpro.com

They have everything from videos to interviews with pro's and have online leagues for everything from Halo 3 and GoW to Killzone and SSBB. If you want you can give me your gamertag too and I could try and get you into some Halo 3 games with really good players. I have a final tomorrow but i should be online for a while after that.

Ok, on another note i got to play against Ogre 2 last night.  Me and my buddies decided to play some MLG (lol stupid decision) and we got paired up against Ogre 2's "fun account" CoMiN In HOT and a bunch of his god buddies.  Hardest raping in a video game i have ever received!  we lost 50 to 7.  Their teamwork was unparalled.  we were like sheep to the slaughter lol.

yo_john117 said:

Ok, on another note i got to play against Ogre 2 last night. Me and my buddies decided to play some MLG (lol stupid decision) and we got paired up against Ogre 2's "fun account" CoMiN In HOT and a bunch of his god buddies. Hardest raping in a video game i have ever received! we lost 50 to 7. Their teamwork was unparalled. we were like sheep to the slaughter lol.

haha yea that happened with me as well except it was Ogre 1 and he was on our team. Back when we used to play Halo:CE over XBC. I just sat back after he got the sniper and watched him destroy the other team over and over, it was the most awsome/scariest display of superiority I had ever seen in a videogame.

lol link me the stats of the game I want to see the carnage :D

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Mendicate Bias said:
yo_john117 said:

Ok, on another note i got to play against Ogre 2 last night. Me and my buddies decided to play some MLG (lol stupid decision) and we got paired up against Ogre 2's "fun account" CoMiN In HOT and a bunch of his god buddies. Hardest raping in a video game i have ever received! we lost 50 to 7. Their teamwork was unparalled. we were like sheep to the slaughter lol.

haha yea that happened with me as well except it was Ogre 1 and he was on our team. Back when we used to play Halo:CE over XBC. I just sat back after he got the sniper and watched him destroy the other team over and over, it was the most awsome/scariest display of superiority I had ever seen in a videogame.

lol link me the stats of the game I want to see the carnage :D

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStatsHalo3.aspx?gameid=1207816365&player=YO%20mUThEr  

There ya go lol.  I also saved the video of it to my file share seeing as its the most epic game i've ever been in.   EDIT--got into the files tab and download my "i get destroyed" video.  I tried to hide from them most of the time.

it feels great i hope to be top ranked in top 10,000 for Modern Warfare 2 in S.a.D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB