By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
@Lord.
No... its getting pathetic and its sounding emo, when in this case the "Wii hate" crap... isnt true at all.

Hes stating that the score isnt surprising... then he brings in the hate rubbish.
If he actually read the review he would know its a fair review.
But no, straight away see the score... and jumps to conclusions about how its being compared to PS360 shooters... and the guy is ultimately... a "Wii hater".

In this case, there is no basis for him to bring up "Wii haters" at all.

If you read the whole comment, he wasn't actually stating that. He just brought that up at the end as an aside, without accusing the review of being that.

If he didnt mean it for this reviewer... then why bring it up in the first place?

I agree that some sites/reviewers openly hate the Wii... but its getting more and more now that if theres a negative comment about the Wii, there will be at least one person with the "Wii hate" stuff or "Wii bias" stuff.

Around the Network

Yeah, but the website is self is saying MoH:H2 is the better game, hands down.
When its not.

It shares the same problems, I know its not the same person, I know its been over a year, but throwing scores all over the place just isn't very professional.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Respawning enemies and invisible bombs are frustrating and cheap

haha obviously

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Mint said:
When its not.

It shares the same problems, I know its not the same person, I know its been over a year, but throwing scores all over the place just isn't very professional.

You can't cross-compare scores like that. How is it unprofessional? It's two different people, at two different points in time, with different expectations, likes and dislikes, etc etc.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Mint said:
When its not.

Opinions can't be wrong. You either agree or disagree.

Around the Network

I'm eagerly awaiting my copy (ordered online today), though, looking at the reviews, and various forums, this is getting really mixed reviews. About half the posts on some forums are saying basically "this rocks, it's great to see a game like this on the wii" while the other half are going "this game sucks, is unoriginal, and FPSs should stick to the PS360".

I guess this is one of those games you either love or you hate.

Either way, the thing I'm happiest to see is that a dev studio, besides Nintendo, is putting real effort into a Wii game, trying their hardest, and producing something that, if not perfect, is at least a damn good start. Too many companies seem to just use the Wii as a dumping ground for bad PS2 ports and shovelware under the guise of "casual games".

Regardless of how much I actually enjoy the Conduit, I'm very encouraged by HVS's enthusiasm, and look forward to seeing more from them.

Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
@Lord.
No... its getting pathetic and its sounding emo, when in this case the "Wii hate" crap... isnt true at all.

Hes stating that the score isnt surprising... then he brings in the hate rubbish.
If he actually read the review he would know its a fair review.
But no, straight away see the score... and jumps to conclusions about how its being compared to PS360 shooters... and the guy is ultimately... a "Wii hater".

In this case, there is no basis for him to bring up "Wii haters" at all.

If you read the whole comment, he wasn't actually stating that. He just brought that up at the end as an aside, without accusing the review of being that.

If he didnt mean it for this reviewer... then why bring it up in the first place?

I agree that some sites/reviewers openly hate the Wii... but its getting more and more now that if theres a negative comment about the Wii, there will be at least one person with the "Wii hate" stuff or "Wii bias" stuff.

Give it time, and you can get sick of this from the Sony fanboys, then the Microsoft fanboys, then the Nintendo fanboys again.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Ugh, author is Tim McShea, of Cnet. Isn't even one of the normal review staff. Having cnet people review Nintendo games is like having Al Sharpton as a judge at a Kentucky County farm fair. Cnet is full of technophiles, so anything not within HD and running 150 FPS is crap to them

That Tom McShea guy has always brought down the Wii games, same with that VanOrd guy. They both admittedly hate the Wii and it's just unprofessional. Gamespot is the worst gaming site, full of garbage, thieves and corrupted people. Makes me want to vomit just reading their name alone.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

SO I suppose gamespot is biased towards the wii because they didn't like it huh??
will a wii fanboy make a thread about how gamespot hate teh wii!!!!

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.