By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

trestres said:
That Tom McShea guy has always brought down the Wii games, same with that VanOrd guy.

Kevin VanOrd? The guy that gave No More Heroes a 9.0?

That's it.

The Conduit is average. It's been painfully obvious right from the beginning. Not everyone is going to give it special treatment just because it's a Wii game. The Conduit is a first person shooter. This is 2009. There are high standards.

Around the Network

@chapset: It's a repeated occurrence, they always end up rating most Wii games below average and taking quick jabs at the Wii, like "waggle and arm-flailing controls", "fun for the kids but not for men", "too easy", "good for casuals, grannies", "too hard". They stealth troll the Wii and simply take every chance they have to attack it. Besides the rarely review Wii games on time, if ever.

You might want to fly away from here if you are a pissed Sony fanboy.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

@Okey: Was NMH a bad game? Go ahead and read all his reviews. I'm not saying the Conduit deserves a 9 or an 8, but people with history of hating the Wii will get attacked when reviewing a game that most players liked that low.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

GameSpot gave a Wii game a bad review? Colour me shocked.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
--OkeyDokey-- said:
trestres said:
That Tom McShea guy has always brought down the Wii games, same with that VanOrd guy.

That's it.

The Conduit is average. It's been painfully obvious right from the beginning. Not everyone is going to give it special treatment just because it's a Wii game. The Conduit is a first person shooter. This is 2009. There are high standards.

Yes...I got this game today. It feels very similar to Perfect Dark, but with highly upgraded graphics. Unfortunately, Perfect Dark is a rather old game. Repetition is the name of the game in the Conduit, so far...

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

The game is pretty damn average, but I'm still having a blast with it. It really deserves around an 8. Lower than a 7 is just wrong. It's average, but it does everything it needs to the exact way it should, and again, it's damn fun. I honestly love campaign.

Not surprised... I was actually expecting either a 7 or 7.5 from Gamespot. Their reviews are all over the place and have been for the past few years... they gave Godfather II a 4.5 when it's average review score is around a 7.5!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

The conduit looks like a game that would be welcomed by wii exclusive owners but shunned by PC/PS3/360 multiplatform owners. I think it'll serve it's purpose for the intended audience (aka wii owners that are looking for a more core shooter).

trestres said:
@chapset: It's a repeated occurrence, they always end up rating most Wii games below average and taking quick jabs at the Wii, like "waggle and arm-flailing controls", "fun for the kids but not for men", "too easy", "good for casuals, grannies", "too hard". They stealth troll the Wii and simply take every chance they have to attack it. Besides the rarely review Wii games on time, if ever.

You might want to fly away from here if you are a pissed Sony fanboy.

What!!!! me a pissed sony fanboy?? why the fuck would I be pissed? when my x360 and my ps3 and sometime my lil bro ds gives me so much joy, I think your the one who's pissed, because the coduit is not the AAA game you would like it to be

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
trestres said:

That's it.

That's usually not the stage when one wants to be making judgements.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz