By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

I can't say I'm surprised at their score. According to them, this game is no better than Red Steel.

I'll let that comment speak for itself. (And I enjoyed Red Steel.)

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Around the Network

I've no problem with this review but I have long since stopped looking to Gamespot for reviews it doesn't really affect me one way or the other.

To people saying stop complaining about the score of the game just like you did with Gamepro i would like to reiterate, in case it didn't sink in the first 100 times, almost no one was complaining about the score that Gamepro gave The Conduit rather it was the unprofessional nature of the review.

hey guys and gals, relax it's just someones opinion. if you really want the conduit and hvs to succeed, buy the game. i've played it and i think it's great and i hope they make a sequel cos this is their first wii game and they will have learned alot. lets just hope if this sells well other devs will sit up and take notice and put more effort into their wii titles.

Perhaps the reviewer was bias for games of higher quality. Its not like every other reviewer gave this game a great score. It has an average of like 7.5 right now. The 1up score is about the same, C+.

Shanobi said:
I can't say I'm surprised at their score. According to them, this game is no better than Red Steel.

I'll let that comment speak for itself. (And I enjoyed Red Steel.)

Exceptions have raised since the release of Red Steel. Its not a direct comparison.

Around the Network
averyblund said:
One thing that always bothers me is when a non-cross platform game gets compared to HD games. Sorry but almost nobody who owns a console owns more than one, we are the exception. Is The Conduit a great game if it were HD? No. But the Wii has few FPSs and as such it should be compared to its competition. This is a game the Wii needs, its far from perfect, but it is a huge progression. To ignore and spite this step forward is just silly. At least HVS fucking tried, we needs to give them a break, support them, and let them learn. Until then I will be duking it out online.

I absolutely think that comparing Wii's graphics to HD console graphics in a review is unecessary and irrelevant.  The vast majority of Wii owners and probably all Wii owners that go online looking for game reviews are perfectly aware of the Wii graphical limitations when compared with the competition.  It should, in technical regards, be compared with other games on the system.

On the other hand it may be appropriate to comment on gameplay when compared with games on other systems .  The review shouldn't be based around such comparisons because as you say the vast majority do not have the option of playing games on other systems but i see nothing wrong with commenting on the game in the context of all comparable games available for the benefit of people that are multi-system owners.

for god's sake, the game is as amazing as expected!

i guess i should completely stop reading reviews as my taste is very different?

but IGN reviews are closer to my tastes and more logical, i guess i'll completely stop visiting gamespot, they are too hardcore for me!

and with their reviews, it's just like sayind either Wii fans leave now or Wii fans buy an HD console (not that most Wii fans don't have one but anyway)

also the average is 7.6 which is more or less ok, but 6.5!? come on......\

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:

but IGN reviews are closer to my tastes and more logical, i guess i'll completely stop visiting gamespot, they are too hardcore for me!

and with their reviews, it's just like sayind either Wii fans leave now or Wii fans buy an HD console (not that most Wii fans don't have one but anyway)

also the average is 7.6 which is more or less ok, but 6.5!? come on......

...most own only one console.

Xen said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

also the average is 7.6 which is more or less ok, but 6.5!? come on......

...most own only one console.

I wonder if any company has publicly released any market research they've done into that. I don't doubt for a moment that dual-console owners, and, even more so, tri-console owners are a small minority, I'm just curious to see how small a minority.

This is getting rediculous. I'm from now on, following no other review site other than IGN. It has nothing to do with the score, they respect the Wii and they enjoy writing for it. I can live without the "dust off your Wii, for a Wii game, waggle"