By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Xbox 360 more wanted than playstation 3?

BladeOfGod said:
Graves said:
Blood_Tears said:
kowenicki said:
@carl

Wont happen... ever.

There will always be a price differential andf there will always be a sales differential.. PS3 will never, ever catch up.

They'll never catch up in NA, WW sales is another story though...

It'll never catch up in WW sales either. Because that includes NA.

Others & Japan>NA

barely.  If you just look at console sales, others + japan =55 million, and north America = 50 Million.  So, yeah, the fact that ps3 is so far behind in NA is a very big deal.  You can't win WW without huge support from NA, and with the 360 already doubled ps3 in NA, it is pretty much a lost cause at this point. 

Around the Network
Gnac said:
Kantor said:
^Also, all 360s get RROD, the PS2 is outselling the 360, the 360 has no games, PS3 will DESTROY and the revolution will suck and sell 500k then drive Nintendo bankrupt like Sega!

So basically:

2005: 360 is doomed!
2006: Wii is doomed!
2007: PS3 is doomed!
Early 2008: 360 is doomed!
Late 2008: PS3 is doomed!
Early 2009: Wii is doomed! (in Japan)
Mid 2009: PS3 is doomed!

Late 2009: 2010 is the year of the Zeebo!

2010: ONLIVE DOMINATION

2011: PC is doomed! (probably)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Gnac said:
Kantor said:
^Also, all 360s get RROD, the PS2 is outselling the 360, the 360 has no games, PS3 will DESTROY and the revolution will suck and sell 500k then drive Nintendo bankrupt like Sega!

So basically:

wait a sec... aren't PC's required for onlive?

BladeOfGod said:
kowenicki said:
@carl

Wont happen... ever.

There will always be a price differential andf there will always be a sales differential.. PS3 will never, ever catch up.

you mean like when PS3 got price cut in late 2007 and started outseling 360 till September 2008 when MS cuted the price of 360 even though 360 was still cheaper without price cut???

or did you meant price diffrence?

This seems tohave been overlooked because it kills a lot of posts here, and I've been saying this for a LONG time

Edit: See look, I said it right here lol: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?id=2326956

gergroy said:
Kantor said:
Gnac said:
Kantor said:

So basically:

wait a sec... aren't PC's required for onlive?

No, there's also a little console-like thing. And Onlive will cut PC support and we will all bow to them!

That, or five people will buy it, and the company will go bankrupt.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
alephnull said:

PS. I can't spell either. It's an out of date skill like translating morse code :P. However, as of vgc 2.0 I have yet to find a computer on which the spell checker actually works... and I'm too lazy to do it in another app :(

And people wonder why I hate people.

twesterm said:
alephnull said:

PS. I can't spell either. It's an out of date skill like translating morse code :P. However, as of vgc 2.0 I have yet to find a computer on which the spell checker actually works... and I'm too lazy to do it in another app :(

It's not quite as ridiculous as hating humanity because one man feels english spelling, as a skill, is of dubious practicallity.

Kantor said:

So basically:

I always wondered how people could claim the wii/360 are doomed considering they far out strip their predecessors in sales. and as for the ps3 it will out strip the second place console last gen, from its 3rd place currently how is that doomed? they are all doing great way to much hate, and way to many unrealistic expectations 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

alephnull said:
twesterm said:
alephnull said:

It's not quite as ridiculous as hating humanity because one man feels english spelling, as a skill, is of dubious practicallity.

OSX built in spell check works most of the time, but if you mark up others comments you have to go to the spell check under edit, rather then just key commanding or using your mouse its a bit of a pain, and honestly i was surprised when it first happened. but there is my workaround for ya.

on to the spelling issue, unless we have truly formal rules running through out one language what is the point online? the rules of english between BE and AE have drifted, and even in the subcategories there are major issues. Most people completely ignore typographic rules when typing up or can not  apply them due to how apps work, so i see this as no different.

hell we can not even agree on what words mean let alone, spelling and usage, 

I know this is not isolated to english but its the area im most familiar with 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

goddog said:
Kantor said:

So basically:

I always wondered how people could claim the wii/360 are doomed considering they far out strip their predecessors in sales. and as for the ps3 it will out strip the second place console last gen, from its 3rd place currently how is that doomed? they are all doing great way to much hate, and way to many unrealistic expectations 

Wii's predecessor: GameCube 22 million sold

360's predecessor: Xbox 25 million sold

PS3's predecessor: PS2 140 million sold

Yeah, its really pathetic PS3 didnt outsold its predecessor by now.