By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Take-Two pleased with GTA: Chinatown Wars sales, sequel, Wii (and more)

Take-Two pleased with GTA: Chinatown Wars sales, talks possibility of a sequel, and says they're still looking at what to bring to Wii

Eurogamer: Are you pleased with how Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars performed?

Ben Feder: The DS, typically, has longer legs in the sales cycle. We're very pleased with how that game is continuing to sell in the market; it will be in the market for a long, long time to come.

Eurogamer: Can we expect to see more GTA games on the DS in the future?

Ben Feder: When we're ready to announced it, we'll announce it. Right now Rockstar's focus is on The Ballad of Gay Tony episode, Red Dead Redemption and Agent.

Eurogamer: What about the Wii? One of our readers was disappointed that GTA: San Andreas Stories wasn't announced for the Wii during the Nintendo conference. Are you looking at the Wii as a platform for a GTA game?

Ben Feder: Nintendo's been a terrific partner for us. We always look at ways in which we can bring our games to platforms that make sense for our games. We're eager to work with Nintendo to bring our games to their platforms. We just haven't yet defined the right title for the right platform.

Full Interview:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/take-twos-ben-feder-interview

Around the Network

Well I guess that settles that then :)

Bomb my ass.

there will be no gta for wii i just dont see it happening

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Its at 500k+ on DS worldwide. The DS can make just about any title profitable once it clear ~150k-200k I would say, and even if this had a higher budget and advertising than most DS games it probably still ended up only needing to sell 300k or something.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

it deserves more sells
its ont of the best of the series
buy it people!!!!!

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Around the Network

Nope, it's too late, the fanboys of the opposing consoles/GTA fanboys have spoken :P.

I really don't think they'll get around to a Wii game, myself. Just doesn't feel right

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Thqt's nsuspecting. If their is a Grand Thief Auto on wii than that'll be a large blow to anti wii fans

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Unless they do Body Harvest again... (pleaaasee)

TheSource said:

Its at 500k+ on DS worldwide. The DS can make just about any title profitable once it clear ~150k-200k I would say, and even if this had a higher budget and advertising than most DS games it probably still ended up only needing to sell 300k or something.

I'm pretty sure when you are about to release a game that has one of the strongest names in gaming, you aren't just hoping you will be able to make it past the even point.

He never really says that he is satisfied with the sales, he dances around the question a bit. His immediate response to the question is, "The DS, typically, has longer legs in the sales cycle" - He's more pleased with the potential the game has in regards to sales, not how it has performed to this point.