By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tropico 3. 360 Console Exclusive. New Images.

I really wish people would stop using the word exclusive for things that aren't. When I saw the topic I was thinking no way would they not have a PC version of this game when that's where the series really works and, yep, there's a PC version. And that's where 90% of the people who play this game will be doing it. FFS, Xbox fanboys, learn what a real exclusive is.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Around the Network

OOoh I like this, thanks Selnor

what part of "console exclusive" you didnt understand?

Looks tropical.

Coincidence? I think not.

@ChichiriMuyo

It says console exclusive. just like Microsoft exclusive

Around the Network
alvaroaze said:
what part of "console exclusive" you didnt understand?

That village screen looks sick.

Wow... Tropico 3.. now thats a win for the 360 >_>

It never got popular on the PC and it wont become popular on the 360... I played the first game and it was decent, but nothing memorable. I doubt this will sell anywhere above 50k.. way to niche for the console market :| But the graphics look great at least this time around :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

ChichiriMuyo said:
I really wish people would stop using the word exclusive for things that aren't. When I saw the topic I was thinking no way would they not have a PC version of this game when that's where the series really works and, yep, there's a PC version. And that's where 90% of the people who play this game will be doing it. FFS, Xbox fanboys, learn what a real exclusive is.

Read the thread title again. I'm sure it says console exclusive. RTS games have done very well on consoles this gen. And after Halo Wars, many console owners will now give this much more of a look as a console game. PC sales do not affect console sales. So being console exclusive is quite a big thing.

Never heard of it, but it looks interesting.

Consoles Owned: Atari 2600, NES, Sega Genesis, Sega Saturn, N64, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX360

Vetteman94 said:
What kind of game is this, it looks like Sim City?

Yes, it is like Simcity, but I believe also lets you funnel away cash into a Swiss Bank account, and practice corruption.  You play a dictator of some tropical island.

Games like Tropico fit under the genre name:

* Strategy

* Real-time strategy (as in happening in real-time, as opposed to turn-based.  NOT just games like Warcraft)

* God game (You command an island and rule over it)

* City management game (like Simcity)

* Sandbox game (old name, prior to GTA.  You have an open world you play around in)

A game out, apparently now, on the Wii that is a bit like Tropico is Dawn of Discovery:

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74423

This is the latest in the Anno series of games.