By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Tropico 3. 360 Console Exclusive. New Images.

DirtyP2002 said:

Xbox-Users: Hey, this looks pretty interesting

PS3-Fans: THIS is not exclusive and I would feel offended to have this game on my console.

PC/Xbox360 = exclusive. You can't play this game on any other console. Thats what makes it exclusive. Ask the 2 million people that bought Mass Effect  or Left 4 Dead.

PC/PS3 is exclusive as well, there just aren't that many games with such a combination. If there would be, PS3-Fans would claim this as exclusives as well. That's for sure.

The title says CONSOLE exclusive anyway...

To be honest I never classed any Ps3/PC game exclusive because 99% of PC games that are released now are "Games for Windows" which is a Microsoft Platform.

Around the Network
unsigner said:

Please buy 10 copies each

I'll take eight!

Tropico 1 was fantastic, I really enjoyed it. Never played Tropico 2, it didnt appeal to me. If Tropico 3 is a HD remake of Tropico 1 i will buy it on day 1

alvaroaze said:
Tropico 1 was fantastic, I really enjoyed it. Never played Tropico 2, it didnt appeal to me. If Tropico 3 is a HD remake of Tropico 1 i will buy it on day 1

Basically that's the idea, remake Tropico 1 with contemporary visuals + add some new buildings, new mechanics, a new faction. We're not set out to "reinvent" the game as they did with Tropico 2.

unsigner said:
alvaroaze said:

Basically that's the idea, remake Tropico 1 with contemporary visuals + add some new buildings, new mechanics, a new faction. We're not set out to "reinvent" the game as they did with Tropico 2.

Excellent. The first Tropico was by far the better game. And yes I will definately buy this on 360. I buy any RTS I can on 360 now. I prefer to play on the couch. Especially considering the rest of the family use the PC online to. Civilization on 360 was great. I'm sure you guys will do a great job with Tropico 3 on 360. Can I just say that although Halo Wars was a fast paced strat game, Tropico 3 would do well to follow similar controls. They would work a treat with any Console RTS/management game.

Nice to speak to you. I am doing a game designer course with Train2Game. Have you heard of them? They are backed by the games industry.

Around the Network

I prefer to play on the couch. Especially considering the rest of the family use the PC online to.

Heh, that describes me too, esp since I showed Facebook to my wife
It's quite different from Halo Wars - it's much slower in pace, on one hand, but on the other, there's a lot more info to display.We're through the third iteration of the UI at this point, and I think it's good now. Problem is, after weeks of playing, we get used to it no matter how good or bad it is, it's hard to judge with a level head. We try to bring external people for testing from time to time.
Never heard of Train2Game, sorry! Good luck with your studies!

unsigner said:

I prefer to play on the couch. Especially considering the rest of the family use the PC online to.

Heh, that describes me too, esp since I showed Facebook to my wife
It's quite different from Halo Wars - it's much slower in pace, on one hand, but on the other, there's a lot more info to display.We're through the third iteration of the UI at this point, and I think it's good now. Problem is, after weeks of playing, we get used to it no matter how good or bad it is, it's hard to judge with a level head. We try to bring external people for testing from time to time.
Never heard of Train2Game, sorry! Good luck with your studies!

I know what you mean about Facebook. LOL. :)

I cant wait to finish course. Apparantly the industry is short of well trained designers. Due to the growth in the industry over the last 4 years. Tropico 1 was great so I'm sure you guys will do a fantastic job with 3.

Train2Game is basically designed through the games industry because alot of people going through the normal route were not up to speed with the games environment when they got their jobs. So the industry jumps at the chance apparantly to hire a Train2Game trained designer.

18 months till I finish. And I'm currently now having to design my own game entirely from scratch to go in my portfolio. But 12 months from now Train2Game will allow me to accept job offers they have found for me.

I know Activision and Rare both support Train2Game. Among others. But my tutor did say that the whole industry values Train2Games diplomas highly. As I have to learn alot about the environment in which you actually work in to. As well as the actual design and game making side.

Anyways, cant wait to be doing what you do. Have fun, and I'm sure I will playing your creation.

I have the first Tropico, it was a really nice sim game. I'll get this to pc propably.

This should really be on the PC section.

1. the game is a pc game being ported to the 360
2. Those images are from the PC

LINK.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_8133_en.html

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

i don't like strategy games on consoles, but i might give it a try if it will be good since i liked Tropico games.