By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

(aherm)

Around the Network

@Twilit
I think that Portal is a puzzle game.

twilit said:
@ Blacksaber; Welcome to the aperture science enrichment center... (thats Portal, btw ^-^)

@ Raptor; To be fair, that type of storytelling isn't really new. Devs such as Valve have been using a similar technique for years(storytelling through easter eggs/background enviroments)

True, but its different...well its not typical. Plus from the few thing ive seen on seeing is deceiving, i like how they twisted the conspiracy theories to work in this game. I dont expect the story to be amazing...but i didnt consider Halo's either..it was just fun...except the flood level...i hated the flood levels...lol

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

jlauro said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Blacksaber said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
^- nah, just look at it, it screams generic shooter. :P

Can you tell me any shooter in the last 3 years that is not Generic?

Fuck yeah man. :)

Looks just as generic as The Conduit, if not more so.  You'll have to do much better than that to come up with something not generic if you consider The Conduit generic.

Timeshift is a really underrated/innovative game

mM
Hisiru said:
@Twilit
I think that Portal is a puzzle game.

Personally I've never seen why it can't be considered a puzzle game as well as a FPS or first-person action. More often you'd see Portal identified as a puzzle game, a lot of, though, others will see  Portal as a unique FPS, as the gameplay mostly revolves around shooting portals. Portal is a game that can potentially fit into both categories so I like to think fitting into the two genres.

Around the Network

It's actually pretty funny. Looking at that picture, Timeshift reminds me a lot of The Conduit. Must be the goofy visor. Anyways, Gears 1 and 2 were not generic shooters, and they both came out in the last 3 years. You could argue that the story is generic, but that's true for a lot of games and shouldn't be used as a double standard.

So since it's being shown on Comedy Central, is the ad hilarious or what?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

leo-j said:
Yea I hate how they show game ads at 1 am on adult swim and not during the day on Cartoon network

Adult Swim probably has higher ratings than Cartoon Network during the day. Adult Swim gets like a million viewers which is a big thing for cable. The only game ads I see during the day is kids games like Boom Blox, Sims Racing, etc.

amp316 said:

I can't remember seeing anything hilarious on Comedy Central in years. Perhaps they have Dane Cook telling a funny story about it or something.

mjc2021 said:
amp316 said:

I can't remember seeing anything hilarious on Comedy Central in years. Perhaps they have Dane Cook telling a funny story about it or something.

Dane Cook and funny should never be put together in the same sentence.  :p

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger