By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

They made it look pretty cool, but alas its not.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
They made it look pretty cool, but alas its not.

So you played the game? Since you seem to know the game is not cool.

Former something....

^- nah, just look at it, it screams generic shooter. :P

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Can you tell me any shooter in the last 3 years that is not Generic?

Former something....

Here is a commercial!

Around the Network
Blacksaber said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Fuck yeah man. :)

.jayderyu said:
SaviorX said:
Well, just spoke with an older friend of mine.

He said after playin shooters on the 360, he didn't see the point in "shooting bugs" and giant flies all day like the commercial showed. I guess The Conduit has just come too late in this generation to be seen as interesting. Been there, done that.

That's what I've been saying for a year now. There nothing wrong with the game, but it's now generic. It also means that the FPS fans have played it and own it. In a manner of speaking. This game won't do well. Especially with the time of these comercials. The people who watch these already for the most part have  chosen there game system to play FPS on.

apx 500k after a year.

I dont understand why everyone acts like this game is so generic. I mean..if thats the case then any FPS is...they either involve aliens, zombies, terrorist or russian's. What makes a game good is the gameplay, added graphics and some new features. The conduit is a step up for the wii and a step few developers have taken. In that reason it is a big deal for wii owners. The story line on the surface sounds generic (aliens invasion and goverment cover ups blah blah blah) however the idea of telling the story and leaving clues (that later..if the player is interested) can go online and research is cool...its different...

On Topic:

Im surprised i there hasnt been more advertisement's on other tv station at better times. Though they maybe waiting till the game comes out. Would have been nice to promote the special edition version tho.

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

@ Blacksaber; Welcome to the aperture science enrichment center... (thats Portal, btw ^-^)

@ Raptor; To be fair, that type of storytelling isn't really new. Devs such as Valve have been using a similar technique for years(storytelling through easter eggs/background enviroments)

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Blacksaber said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Fuck yeah man. :)

Looks just as generic as The Conduit, if not more so.  You'll have to do much better than that to come up with something not generic if you consider The Conduit generic.

Time Shift is completly generic, it has a good 6.0 in the review. Unfortunately I bought this game, and the only thing that makes this game "enjoyable" is that you can "control" the time, but the storyline is horrible.

@Edit: The game also has some puzzles but errm... yeah, that's it......