By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will sell more first week WW? Forza 3 or Grand Turismo 5?

On past form it's almost certainly going to be GT5.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Considering even a portable gran turismo has more cars than Forza im presuming Gran Turismo 5 will have even more. Graphics look identical to me. Gran Turismo on what we have seen will most likely be the better game and obviously the better name.

Forza M 500,000
Gran T 1,000,000

Those would be awful sales for Gran Turismo 5. It will probably do more than that in Europe alone. Gran Turismo 4 sold 2.47 million first week.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
FootballFan said:
Considering even a portable gran turismo has more cars than Forza im presuming Gran Turismo 5 will have even more. Graphics look identical to me. Gran Turismo on what we have seen will most likely be the better game and obviously the better name.

Forza M 500,000
Gran T 1,000,000

Those would be awful sales for Gran Turismo 5. It will probably do more than that in Europe alone. Gran Turismo 4 sold 2.47 million first week.

I thought 1 in 23 people buying it in the first week was generous. Gran Turismo isnt as popular as it use to be and with this reduced install base it could struggle to replicate past Gran Turismo sales..

Gran turismo 5 when it releases ?

Xigmund said:
seece said:
Xigmund said:
Since Forza doesn't even have a quarter of the quality Gran Turismo has...

GT5

I new you were a fanboy when you joined, absurd statement.

A fanboy because I stated the fact that Gran Turismo has more quality as a franchise? Go to your dunce corner big boy, you're english and invented the language and don't even know the difference between "new" and "knew" LOL! YOU my friend really are  annoying, just like these people have told me.

You said it yourself; GT5 will outsell Forza 3 because it's more popular. I said because the franchise is better as a whole.

If Forza 3 outsells GT5 in the first week I'm putting your comment on my sig... because it's always ammusing when the giants falter to the new commers.  Turn 10 has put in alot of effort into this one and I think you'll see the diffrence if you pull of those glasses.  It may not be time for GT to falter, but the new kids on the block are gunning for it.

Around the Network
FootballFan said:
Kantor said:
FootballFan said:

Forza M 500,000
Gran T 1,000,000

I thought 1 in 23 people buying it in the first week was generous. Gran Turismo isnt as popular as it use to be and with this reduced install base it could struggle to replicate past Gran Turismo sales..

If MGS4 can sell 1.5 million first week, 1 million would be pretty abysmal for a Gran Turismo.

It's every bit as popular as it used to be. GT5 Prologue has doubled the sales of GT4 Prologue (although several factors contributed to this), and even if it struggles to replicate past GT sales, it'll sell 8 million LT at least.

Considering that the second worst selling GT did 2.47 million first week, and GT5 Prologue sold 650k, I would say GT5 can do 2 million first week, at least.

I think Forza 3 will sell 7 million lifetime. Gt5 will sell 6.5 million lifetime.

The reasons are because Forza series have reached (and maybe even surpassed) the GT series in quality. Plus the X360 has a lot bigger console installed base than the PS3. And the X360 is also the software king, with very high attach ratio.

Slimebeast said:
I think Forza 3 will sell 7 million lifetime. Gt5 will sell 6.5 million lifetime.

The reasons are because Forza series have reached (and maybe even surpassed) the GT series in quality. Plus the X360 has a lot bigger console installed base than the PS3. And the X360 is also the software king, with very high attach ratio.

No way. I bet you GT5 outsells Forza 3.

Slimebeast said:

I'm going to remember you said that, so when Forza 3 sells 4 million and GT5 sells 9 million, and you claim Forza exceeded your expectations, I can show you this post.

Listen to me. It does not matter how good the games are. At the core, it is FORZA VERSUS GRAN TURISMO! It's like Killzone versus Halo or Quantum Theory versus Gears of War. Brand name is important. GT is a longer running series, has historically higher sales, and it does not matter about the install base because GT3 launched on half the PS3's current userbase and went on to sell 15 million. GT5 won't sell 15 million, because the PS3 won't take off like the PS2 did, but it will do 8 million at least.

To expect the sequel to a heavily bundled game like Forza 2 to outsell it by such a significant amount, so late in the generation, is ridiculous.

Slimebeast said:

Is this guy for real?

7 million for Forza 3? Wow, this could be very humiliating.