By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which game will sell more first week WW? Forza 3 or Grand Turismo 5?

Think a lot really depends on how marketed Forza 3 is. Looking at Japan sales of 360 it has had nothing out for a very very longtime in Japan but yet still sits only 2k away from the PS3, a lot closer then most would of predicted this time last year.
If Microsoft choose to they could mass market the game to Japan on so many different levels such as the ability to design your own cars etc. It has the ability to get various types of gamers interested rather then just the die hard fan.
Plus the first sales of any GT next generation game have been quite laughable not even getting to 700k in Japan.
So while you would expect normally GT to blow Forza out the water sales wise i think most real racing fans who have zero biasedness to a system are actually coming round to the fact Forza is a better game then Gran Turismo, everything but the sales reflect that.
So first week i think Forza 3 will win but lifetime sales Gran Turismo 5 will win.
If they were both released on the 1st day majority of my friends would pick Forza over GT. So for me i can see Fora 3 selling well in America and UK. Question is then will GT5 sell as well as it's previous versions or do like other games have done and not sell anywhere near their previous gen sales? We will see, eventually!

Around the Network
_RKO_ said:
TX109 said:
both games will sell very well, but i think GT5 will do better.... GT games always sell like crazy.

Well i kinda doubt the GT5 will sell 18m like its predecessors though.

of course, that's almost the entire PS3 userbase. i think it can eventually do 10-12m, though..... not right away, of course....

Cueil said:
Xigmund said:
seece said:
Xigmund said:
Since Forza doesn't even have a quarter of the quality Gran Turismo has...

GT5

I new you were a fanboy when you joined, absurd statement.

A fanboy because I stated the fact that Gran Turismo has more quality as a franchise? Go to your dunce corner big boy, you're english and invented the language and don't even know the difference between "new" and "knew" LOL! YOU my friend really are  annoying, just like these people have told me.

You said it yourself; GT5 will outsell Forza 3 because it's more popular. I said because the franchise is better as a whole.

If Forza 3 outsells GT5 in the first week I'm putting your comment on my sig... because it's always ammusing when the giants falter to the new commers.  Turn 10 has put in alot of effort into this one and I think you'll see the diffrence if you pull of those glasses.  It may not be time for GT to falter, but the new kids on the block are gunning for it.

Do what you want I really don't care, just double check your posts before you try to confront anybody on anything. It's just really absurd how everyone is jumping off the GT bandwagon for a game that will probably be the same but with only half the content (50gigs > 9gigs but even you know this right?). btw I think you need to PUT ON some glasses, because the glasses in my pic are off smart one.

Turn 10 has put alot of effort into this game clearly, but what do you think the GT Staff are doing?

can't wait for Track Season 2009/2010, guna beast out!

Travis Touchdown ERECTION CONFIRMED!

Xigmund said:
Cueil said:
Xigmund said:
seece said:
Xigmund said:
Since Forza doesn't even have a quarter of the quality Gran Turismo has...

GT5

I new you were a fanboy when you joined, absurd statement.

A fanboy because I stated the fact that Gran Turismo has more quality as a franchise? Go to your dunce corner big boy, you're english and invented the language and don't even know the difference between "new" and "knew" LOL! YOU my friend really are  annoying, just like these people have told me.

You said it yourself; GT5 will outsell Forza 3 because it's more popular. I said because the franchise is better as a whole.

If Forza 3 outsells GT5 in the first week I'm putting your comment on my sig... because it's always ammusing when the giants falter to the new commers.  Turn 10 has put in alot of effort into this one and I think you'll see the diffrence if you pull of those glasses.  It may not be time for GT to falter, but the new kids on the block are gunning for it.

Do what you want I really don't care, just double check your posts before you try to confront anybody on anything. It's just really absurd how everyone is jumping off the GT bandwagon for a game that will probably be the same but with only half the content (50gigs > 9gigs but even you know this right?). btw I think you need to PUT ON some glasses, because the glasses in my pic are off smart one.

Turn 10 has put alot of effort into this game clearly, but what do you think the GT Staff are doing?

They are a stagnant bunch... it's only because of Forza that they've gotten off their collective asses.  I don't think that Forza can win the sales war, but I do think it's not going to be some crazy blow out.  Racing Sim fans seem to be impressed with Forza 3 and clearly it's time for GT series to get some real competition.
It's clear that you're a giant fanboy and you can't debate that fact... the glasses statement was obviously your fanboy glasses. 

kanariya said:

Post the GT3 numbers then.

It was released when PS2 had around 10m install base.

Yeah, but it enjoyed a long ass tail and it was still selling when the ps2 reached 80 million units.

GT5 will have roughly the same attach ratio as Halo 3 on the 360 - around 1/3 per console sold.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network
Bitmap Frogs said:
kanariya said:

Yeah, but it enjoyed a long ass tail and it was still selling when the ps2 reached 80 million units.

GT5 will have roughly the same attach ratio as Halo 3 on the 360 - around 1/3 per console sold.

GT4p was out before PS2 hit 60m ww. 

Says you, intelligent guess says its possible for it to have a higher attach rate.  Halo is only huge in one martet GT is huge WW.

twingo said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
kanariya said:

GT4p was out before PS2 hit 60m ww. 

Says you, intelligent guess says its possible for it to have a higher attach rate.  Halo is only huge in one martet GT is huge WW.

Dude, people were still buying GT3 when GT4p hit.

Mainly because GT3 was a full game at discount price and GT4p had very little content for the price.

Keep on trucking with the propaganda!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

dsister44 said:
forza, because when the previous gran turismos were on a system with a much higher install base

yeah...gt3 was released when the ps2 had been out for 8 months or so...the install base was less than half of what the 360 is now and the game has sold 15 mill.

Do you want japanese voices in FF13 and Versus 13? Write to these guys and tell them: support@square-enix-usa.com

GT ofcourse.......................

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

it will be bundled with the PS3 for sure so GT5