By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - M rated games and religion

Psalm 11:15

God himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one,
And anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates

Any violent game that you get would be against god's standards. He's very anti-violence apparently...or at least he wants you to be. Playing a game with chainsaws cutting off people's heads and loving it is nurturing a love of violence.

*running away before akward religious debate ensues*

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Is it true masterbation is a sin? Just askin since this is a thread about religound.

mM
HappySqurriel said:

Forgive me for my ignorance, I'm not a religious person, but aren't methodists typically a middle of the road christian religion? If I am correct, I would assume that there would probably be no explicit rules on what is acceptable from a videogame.

With a little google-ing here is a christian centered game reivew:

http://www.ccgr.org/modules.php?name=MReviews&op=show&rid=349

So... there is no stance? You just have to decide game by game, but M games are okay for adults? Thats good :D

How about Grand Theft Auto? I want to get that for PSP, but somehow I think that game has been condemed (but by Catholics)  

leo-j said:
Is it true masterbation is a sin? Just askin since this is a thread about religound.

Absolutley Leo.  So quit doing that.

The_vagabond7 said:
Psalm 11:15

God himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one,
And anyone loving violence His soul certainly hates

Any violent game that you get would be against god's standards. He's very anti-violence apparently...or at least he wants you to be. Playing a game with chainsaws cutting off people's heads and loving it is nurturing a love of violence.

*running away before akward religious debate ensues*

That would mean video games in general are bad, but I kind of figured that. However, it is hard to just give up my favorite pastime (espaically since all my friends pplay video games >.>)

So that means I can Play Super Mario 64, as long as I don't harm any in game enemies? Taking God's word to the extreme can be tough. I always thought this sort of meant don't be violent out of anger- ie don't play God of War becuase you want to kill someone, and instead you kill through the game...  

Around the Network

So they say it is an incredible game, yet becuase it is rated M it is deducted 20 points.

Post 1,337. I am finally elite!

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

super_etecoon said:
leo-j said:

Absolutley Leo.  So quit doing that.

Speak for youself :P Besides I have a girl to do it for me.

mM
leo-j said:

I thought of that when I was making this thread. It is a sin, and potentially a two for one sin. God gave humans sexaulty as a gift, and it was given to love another person. Mastrubation is misuisng this gift, and focuses your love on yoursefl. Self-loving is bad. God wants you to foucs your love on others (loving sex, voultneer work, chruch donations, being kind to friends) and to love God (going to church, trying to figure out how to be a good Christian- which is really tough imo) 

Abother reason mastubation is bad is becuase you are likely to lust for someone you now, even fleetingly. In God's eyes everytime you lust it is the same as rape... 

:D
I think my favoirte game of all time is ok!
Harvest moon 64
it has drinking, but in the bible it says an occasional social drink where you don't get drunk is fine (pretty sure), and drinking wine at communion to worship God is absolutely fine.

Video games dont have nothing to do with sining, since its fantasy and its not real, you releave your anger and stress.

mM