By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which *New* Super Mario game will win when all is said and done?

In all categories: DS.

Because it's portable.

Around the Network

Reviewers won't look kindly on the Wii game, they'll call it lazy, or something.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:

Reviewers won't look kindly on the Wii game, they'll call it lazy, or something.

They'll complain about the DS-like graphics and the play itself option.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I'm really hoping that the Wii version doesn't suck... it's bad enough that they're omitting online play altogether, but I'm really hoping for a much deeper gameplay experience along the lines of Mario 3 or Mario World, with a more dynamic overworld map that has tons of different paths and secret levels/warps. NSMB on the DS was great as a reboot of the classic franchise, but it was way too linear and short.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

SmokedHostage said:
Mr Khan said:

They'll complain about the DS-like graphics and the play itself option.

Oh yes, that. I think reasonable critics won't hold it against the game as it is optional and the only thing to blame for its use is your own weakness of character. It certainly will not play in the game's favor, though, and I foresee a lot of cheap (and inaccurate) potshots comming from some of the less competent reviewers out there.

Around the Network

You guy's are forgetting about Mario Kart DS vs Mario Kart Wii!!

Mario Kart DS got the 3 year head start and now look at the sales:

1 Mario Kart Wii
Read the review
Nintendo 2,231 8.7 16.19m 20th Aug 08
2 Mario Kart DS Nintendo 525 N/A 15.14m 17th Nov 08

I don't think it'll be the same case as MK DS and MK Wii...

Before you ask why - gut feeling :P

DS version, but Wii one wont do too shabby

Does not really matter because gamers will be the winners.

Honestly, I expect the DS to keep the sales crown. It will get close to 20M by Xmas. Meanwhile, the Wii game (not version -- they are different), will probably do a lifetime 15M -- and some will think that a failure. The reason for the lower sales is that there are new 3D Marios on the Wii but not on the DS.

I also expect the DS version to have the higher critic score. There are a lot of strange review sites out there (look at the DS NSMB scores and where they are from). I do not expect the plethra of "good" reviews from unheard of websites to help overcome the "bad" reviews this time around because fewer and fewer places seem to do Wii games. So unusual sites will be doing it more to complain than to priase. (Please note that "good" and "bad" are meant here to reference the perceived game quality on the part of the reviewer and not the quality of the review).

Do the Wii version will score in the mid-80s while the DS version is just under 90 (89.3).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

I think the DS version will win in sales, unless the Wii version in some point of it's life get's bundled, also with reviews I can't really say.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"