By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Mass Effect 2 Thread

I picked up galaxies. Played it a bit during lunch. If your going in expecting it to be a fantastic game, you will be upset. The controls are poor. You move the character by moving the phone, like you would in monkey ball or marble madness. Whoever did that needs to be fired. The rest is cool. The story, art, conversations , are well done. Oh and make sure to go into the Extras area and register the game with your EA/Bioware log in. If you finish the game, go back to that area you can claim an item which you will get to use in Mass Effect 2.

Around the Network
selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Strategyking92 said:
Let alan wake/assassin's creed 2/bioshock 2/brutal legend borrow some of that hype!

Is it really even worth it? LOL!

Hey S.T.A.G.E, shall we give those games 20% between them and keep 80% for ME2 hype. That's about right yeah? ;)

well bioshock 2, brutal legend, and asscreed2 are coming out this year

Mass effect needs no hype, we are all buying it anyway!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Mass Effect is like Halo to FPS.

Okay, so I too have played Galaxies, and I too think it is a really poor game. The gameplay is pretty horrible. I hoped they would change my opinion that there is no such thing as a good iPhone game, but I was wrong, I keep on thinking how much better it would have been on PSP, where they could have made it an isometric shooter in a similar style to Killzone Liberation

Anyway, the cut scenes and art style in them are great, but it is a shame they did not bother to fully voice it... but I will finish it to get the bonus content in ME 2

Oh, and there are no RPG elements

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
Okay, so I too have played Galaxies, and I too think it is a really poor game. The gameplay is pretty horrible. I hoped they would change my opinion that there is no such thing as a good iPhone game, but I was wrong, I keep on thinking how much better it would have been on PSP, where they could have made it an isometric shooter in a similar style to Killzone Liberation

Anyway, the cut scenes and art style in them are great, but it is a shame they did not bother to fully voice it... but I will finish it to get the bonus content in ME 2

This makes me sad. :( I do appreciate you guys reporting back on the game thou. I will dodge buying a iphone again for awhile.

selnor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Strategyking92 said:
Let alan wake/assassin's creed 2/bioshock 2/brutal legend borrow some of that hype!

Is it really even worth it? LOL!

Hey S.T.A.G.E, shall we give those games 20% between them and keep 80% for ME2 hype. That's about right yeah? ;)

Sounds good. :)

I wonder if Mass Effect 2 will outsell the first game ??

piggychan said:
I wonder if Mass Effect 2 will outsell the first game ??

Could go either way. ME is really a niche game in my opinion, and whereas most people who bought it fully knew what to expect and loved it, I wonder how many people made an impulse buy expecting something like Halo or Gears.

This is the game I want to play most right now. The first one was a gaming experience like no other and I was left wanting more.