By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will Super Paper Mario sell?

Question said:
I think SPM will not sell more than Wii Sport/Play.

wow, good prediction

Around the Network

For those wondering, as of Feb. 17th, 2008:

PosGameConsole Sales           
Super Paper Mario 2.17m           

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

nintendo_fanboy said:
ioi said: A couple of million? Five million? Ten million? Which regions will it take off in? Will it be a moderate hit or a huge hit? Will it sell Wiis?
i don't think that it will sell more than a couple of million, but i hope it will do better! but i am pretty sure that it won't be a major hit in europe, so americans and japanese have to buy it to make it a hit

Well he was right for a years time, it'll probably end up in the 3 to 5 million sales by the end of its life though.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

pichu_pichu said:
Question said:
I think SPM will not sell more than Wii Sport/Play.

wow, good prediction

XD SPM should have sold more though.

@I like Bacon

Should have sold more?

http://vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Paper+Mario+-+N64&reg2=All&game2=Paper+Mario+2+-+GC&reg3=All&game3=Super+Paper+Mario+-+Wii&weeks=100

It sold way better then the other two!(Although I enjoyed the second one more then the new one)

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

yeah! by at least 9000 more!

MaxwellGT2000 said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
ioi said: A couple of million? Five million? Ten million? Which regions will it take off in? Will it be a moderate hit or a huge hit? Will it sell Wiis?
i don't think that it will sell more than a couple of million, but i hope it will do better! but i am pretty sure that it won't be a major hit in europe, so americans and japanese have to buy it to make it a hit

Well he was right for a years time, it'll probably end up in the 3 to 5 million sales by the end of its life though.

Wow, seems like I had a lucky day a year ago

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

good for you! I hope it will eventually get over 3 million.

Well I doubt that... It'll sure get some 100k more, but I wouldn't expect it to sell much more than 2.5k. You have to remember that it has only been launched recently in Europe, that's the reason why its weekly sales are still quite high at the moment. But it's not selling completely on legs yet.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

it will sell 3mil