By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How will Super Paper Mario sell?

ioi said: A couple of million? Five million? Ten million? Which regions will it take off in? Will it be a moderate hit or a huge hit? Will it sell Wiis?
i don't think that it will sell more than a couple of million, but i hope it will do better! but i am pretty sure that it won't be a major hit in europe, so americans and japanese have to buy it to make it a hit

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

Honestly, I don't know ... The New Super Mario Bros. has been a monster but I don't know if Super Paper Mario can follow in its footsteps

I'm with HappySquirrel... I just don't know if SPM is going to have the runaway success of NSMB, but I think it will be a sleeper hit that a lot of people buy and love. I'm going to go with "moderate hit".

Somewhere between 1 million and 5 million worldwide... Best case would be like 2.5 million in Japan, 1.5 million Americas, 1 million Other. But that won't happen... I'd say...2.5-3.0 million worldwide...1.1 million Japan, 800,000 Americas, 600,000 others. I see it as a cult classic. April NPD will say like 400,000 month one in Japan like 350,000... But then it sells 100,000 a month for a while worldwide.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

These are the numbers i expect too...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

I'll guess 2.5 million worldwide LTD. 750k in europe and japan while north america hits a single mill

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

I'm betting it will sell similar to Wii play/sports. It is a title that people are waiting for and the Wii hasn't had a big seller in awhile.

I think SPM will not sell more than Wii Sport/Play.

It won't sell consoles... no nintendo game right now could sell consoles (demand > supply). I think this is why metriod prime 3 was pushed back (nintendo knows its going to kick ass and wants it to sell consoles). I think the game will hit 3.5 million world wide.

euclid said: It won't sell consoles... no nintendo game right now could sell consoles (demand > supply). I think this is why metriod prime 3 was pushed back (nintendo knows its going to kick ass and wants it to sell consoles). I think the game will hit 3.5 million world wide.
That makes a lot of sense...July/August would be a much more influential time to release Metroid...although there's talk of a game drought for the Wii...people getting bored...I hope they don't wait too long. Super Paper Mario can be the game to hold over fans...I'm just worried it's too much of a Cube-port. A "moderate hit" it shall be!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )