By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Nintendo-I have it, but what should I buy for it?

Yesterday, my bro just gave me his SNES with only one game- The almighty Super Mario World.

However, one game isn't enough. The SNES had arguably the greatest library ever, but I don't know where to start!

I still have never played The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past though.......... so what do I get?!?!

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Best metroid game to date, you are a fool to not have it in your collection.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Best Kirby game to date, you are a fool to not have it in your collection.

Pixel Art can be fun.

The box art for Super Metroid always puzzled me...what the crap are those massive green paws in the background? Mother Brain 2nd form?

D_Boy said:

The box art for Super Metroid always puzzled me...what the crap are those massive green paws in the background? Mother Brain 2nd form?

Ummm... that's Kraid... look at the yellow underbelly.

EDIT:  Here's a good mix that would form a pretty darn good library

The BIG TEN

Link to the Past (adventure)

Mario All-Stars (platform)

Chrono Trigger (RPG)

Final Fantasy III (RPG)

Super Metroid (already mentioned)

Axelay (Shooter)

Super Mario Kart (kart racing)

Contra III (shooter)

Actraiser (God game + action - worth it for the music alone)

Super Castlevania IV (action)

Honorable Mention - Rock n' Roll Racing (Racing with guns and cool music)

Around the Network

Secret of Mana

!!!

Screwattack have made a decent list of games you should check out for the SNES. type "top 20 SNES games" and search in youtube, and you will find the list.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Get Donkey Kong Country 1, 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, and 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble

Also see Earthbound, Starfox, Killer Instinct, Final Fight, Street Fighter II, Final Fantasy 1-3(4-6), Secret of Mana, Breath of Fire I and II, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Kart, Super Punch-Out!!, Battletoads and Double Dragon, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario All-Stars.

This is just to start of course.

Pixel Art can be fun.

You must have to buy Super Mario all stars. A wonderful recopilation of mario games

Metroid: Other M

Link to the Past
Super Metroid
Donkey Kong Country (1 is the best, 2 & 3 are good)
Super Mario RPG
F-Zero
Chrono Trigger
Secret of Mana
Earthbound
Star Fox
Street Fighter II Turbo

That should be a decent starters list.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)