By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Nintendo-I have it, but what should I buy for it?

d21 - the batteries inside the carts can be replaced my friend. At least that's what Nordlead told me.

Around the Network
Xen said:
d21 - the batteries inside the carts can be replaced my friend. At least that's what Nordlead told me.

Yeah, they can.  But is it easy and convenient? 

Not so much, but is that really gonna stop an ethusiaist?

You people are helpful. I got some virtual console games to get!

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Killer Instinct, Super Mario, Donkey Kong Country 1-3(my favorites), Super Metroid (I'm in love with this), Street Fighter 2, Star Fox, These are all great, but I also really enjoyed the star wars games for the SNES.

~Currently Playing Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank: FTOD, and Resistance: Retribution~

Around the Network

What do you mean Super Mario World is not enough? How could you.....

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Xen said:
Not so much, but is that really gonna stop an ethusiaist?

You're definitely right about that........

SNES has an amazing library of games. But like Lewis said, it's gonna cost ya.
I'm gonna try to say stuff that no one has said already:
Get Secret of Evermore, Zero - The Kamikaze Squirrel, Mega man Xs, Top Gear 1 and 2000 (but not the third one, cuz it sucks), Hagane, Rock and Roll Racing, Wrestlemania - The Arcade Game, Black Thorne, Yoshi's Island, Animaniacs, Tiny Toon Adventures, Joe and Mac, Prehistoric Man, Secret of The Stars, Brainlord, 7th Saga, Contra 3, Wild Guns.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Xen said:
SmokedHostage said:

Now that I think about, Tales of Phantasia is pretty good.

His SNES isn't Japanese though. Probably :P

the original systems were only region locked by not being able to stick the cart in the system. All you have to do is modify the case of the SNES and it'll play whatever. I remember considering modifying the case, but I don't even remember why it ever crossed our mind to import anyways. We didn't even know about games until they hit Nintendo Power and we went to the library.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

The SNES is the most easily modded console, EVER! All you have to do is remove the plastic pegs inside the console that prevented Japanese games from fitting inside. I remember playing Ranma 1/2 and Dragon Ball Z, thanks to that little trick (both games were poor versions of Street Fighter, though. Not very awesome). I never saw the newer SNES remodel in person, but I heard that it could play Japanese games right out of the box.