By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Space: Extraction looks like it as an amazing game!

I already have a PS3, I've had one since 2007.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Around the Network
Crazybone126 said:
I already have a PS3, I've had one since 2007.

Then why are you complaining?

HARD MODE: try to explain without repeating the nonsense you've already posted.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

Wow this game looks so good.

maybe ill get this one

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
Crazybone126 said:

If you guys mean it looks amazing as in graphics, then yes I agree. But the only reason is because since the game, is sadly, on rails (Lost my purchase months ago) everything is just about pre-rendered. Meaning you can pull off some really cool graphics, considering you can't control motion.

I honestly do not like rail shooters, first off because they don't sell well, secondly they are a cheap cop-out for a real game, and thirdly what year are we in 2009, or 1999?

Nope. The game being on-rails does lift some pressure off the CPU, as it eliminates the control stick and camera control; also it takes a serious chunk off AI (Arificial Intelligence) as enemies usually pop up at pre-defined spots in the game.

Being on-rails has almost no impact on graphics quality. This game is not pre-rendered like, say Resident Evil Remake which had 3D static background. It's being rendered real time.

Around the Network

Yeah, the game definitely looks awesome. Even when it was unveiled several months ago, I thought it looked neat.

But this is a quality On-Rails Shooter. This game has a high development costs which means it is pure quality. I love EA, their games are awesome. I do wish this was not an Onrails but there is no point in whining over it now as this is shaping to be really nice. Look at the positive side not negative and you will love this game. Though not a perfect game, it will be awesome.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

If only it wasn't on rails... if only it wasn't on rails..

Woe is me :(

I wish it wasn't on-rails, but it does look to be a high-quality rail shooter.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

on rails shooters dont get the respect they deserve, people always dump them as 'less then any non-rails shooter' but this one could easily challenge some big FPS and TPS's out there.