By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dead Space: Extraction looks like it as an amazing game!

I was just surfing IGN and looked at the walkthrough for Dead Space: Extraction. It looked amazing.

Then I read the hands-on about the game and they loved it.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986199p2.html

http://wii.ign.com/articles/970/970968p1.html

Then I thought, even though it is an on-rails shooter, it looks, plays and is soo fun. I am thinking of pre-ordering this game. This game is coming after my birthday so it is possible for me to get it at that time.

What do you think of this game? Are you guys interested in this game?Are you guys planning on buying this game?

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

Around the Network

it looks very amazing. i wont have the money for preorder but im gonna get it first day. this and sin and punishment 2 are the only rail shooters i look forward to.

If you guys mean it looks amazing as in graphics, then yes I agree. But the only reason is because since the game, is sadly, on rails (Lost my purchase months ago) everything is just about pre-rendered. Meaning you can pull off some really cool graphics, considering you can't control motion.

I honestly do not like rail shooters, first off because they don't sell well, secondly they are a cheap cop-out for a real game, and thirdly what year are we in 2009, or 1999?

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

I said a while back that it could challenge Time Crisis as the best on-rails

I'm really excited for this game. Rail shooters are a ton of fun.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

Knowing EA I bet I know why they are releasing this game. Since EA always makes "casual crap" games on the Wii for a quick buck, I bet we are just slaves to them, they make people buy their game so they can get some money, and then develop a sequel to the main Dead Space series. EA has done this on countless occasions, I don't see why people aren't realizing this. Didn't you realize they did just that with The Godfather 2? In an interview EA said they got a lot of their inspiration from the Wii version of the first Godfather game, Blackhand Edition. Notice that Godfather 2, didn't even come out for the Wii, even though Blackhand Edition was said to be the best Godfather 1 game. Then when asked if the game would come to Wii, they said the Wii wouldn't be able to handle it. EA sucks, and they pretend to like the Wii, but we are just their naive consumers. The last EA game I bought was Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and I  say that wasn't a great decision, it's more of a rent game.

And? If it's a good game, it's a good game, regardless of what the purpose of releasing it is.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

I am interested in this.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

@jefforange89

It may be a good game but when you are buying this game, think about where your money is going business wise. Because it's not going back to the Wii consumers, it's going back to the PC/360/PS3 owners, with a game that'll never release on the Wii. How does that make you feel, you support a developer, then never get anything back in return.

Imagine if High Voltage gets tons of sales with The Conduit from us Wii owners, then Wii owners never get anything back in return. Wouldn't you be upset.

Crazybone126 said:

@jefforange89

It may be a good game but when you are buying this game, think about where your money is going business wise. Because it's not going back to the Wii consumers, it's going back to the PC/360/PS3 owners, with a game that'll never release on the Wii. How does that make you feel, you support a developer, then never get anything back in return.

Imagine if High Voltage gets tons of sales with The Conduit from us Wii owners, then Wii owners never get anything back in return. Wouldn't you be upset.

How do you know the likes of Boom Blox and the MySims series don't fund games on other consoles? Unless we get a look at the inner workings of EA, I can confidently say that you're paranoid.

If you really want to play Dead Space 2 so badly, get a PC, 360 or PS3. I enjoy having something different on the Wii.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3