By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have Sony found a Halo killer?

RolStoppable said:
The only way a big established name in a genre can be killed is by its own developers.

THIS

And they are doing a pretty good job muddying the brand with this RTS crap.  Don't get me wrong, I bought Halo Wars, but its no Halo 3.

Also time.  If they put out bad halo game after bad halo game or decided to wait 5 years to make another halo FPS some other game would fill the void.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network

You argument would be more convincing if the sale of all these games added together at least reached the total sale of Halo 3.

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Sony has been looking for a Halo killer for many years and has fallen on its face each time... They should try to come up with something new and innovative like Nintendo does.

rafichamp said:
^^@ V-rock, if Killzone 2 was bundled with the ps3 forever it would be the biggest selling game of all time too.

This doesn't make any sense.

Even if KZ2 is bundled with every PS3 at launch, PS3 would have to outsell Wii first before any PS3 bundled game can become biggest selling game of all time.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Sony won't make a Halo killer, but Infinity Ward has. Its called Call of Duty 4.

Around the Network
feel-x said:

i don't think that halo 3 can be beaten, because almost everyone who owns a 360 got it because of  no alternatives and the huge hype + more people owns a 360 than a ps3.

i think its normal when a consol is sold over 7 million times more than the other, that the game your thinking of, if you hear 360, is sold more than any ps3 fps.

but this doesnt speak for its quality: i think halo 3 has no points it couldn#t be beaten by a exklusic fps for ps3.

my friends all bought it at the first day and their were amazed... at the very beginning. then they get bored and now one of my friends even hate to play it multiplayer, because its so unbalanced.

i thnik its fun because even i how play all 6 months a day have good chances to kill him......

and stop with l4d, it isn't exclusive at all (PC).....

And this is where the bullshit starts!

One PS3-fan claims the Xbox360 is the shooter-box, because there are lots of shooters available and the other PS3-fan claims Halo3 sold so well, because there was no alternative.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

i think they did ages ago , its called PlanetSide.

honestly...sony isnt very good with shooters(other than R&C). sony has a lot of talent and should work on things they are good with.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

PS3 offers great FP Shooters, so the reason to buy a Xbox 360 "because it has Halo" doesnt work any more imo.

But no exclusive shooter for Playstation will ever (or at least for a long time) achieve Halo sales figures.

Wenn killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler killen, dann killen killerspieler in killerspielen killerspieler.

killzone 2 is a awesome game but it droped off the NPD as fast as a led zepplein lol.
but Killzone 2 online and bad contolls scared people off

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3