By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have Sony found a Halo killer?

There been a thread going around by a PS3 fanboy claiming that M$ Forza 3 was meant to be a Gran Turismo killer.  So I think its only fair to start a new thread about how Sony been looking for a Halo killer with multiple tries.

Killzone 2 1.9 million
Resitance 3.62 million
Resistance 2 1.65 million
SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation .88 million

M.A.G. fall 2009

Halo 3 10.16 million

Sony have release 5 exclusive FPS for the PS3 while M$ just only released Halo 3 for the 360.  Will the xbox still be call the "shooter box" or that title should be label on the PS3?  Do you guys believe Sony will ever find a Halo killer? 

IMHO I believe Sony will never get a Halo killer and M$ will never get a Gran Turismo killer. 

Around the Network

LOL, your saying the Xbox 360 only has one shooter? ROFLROFL, but I agree with you saying that Microsoft will never find a Gran Turismo killer.

It's hard to fight a company on their grounds. You don't see anyone trying to take the platforming/family loved title away from nintendo :p it's just not a fight they're going to win.

Sony should focus more on establishing themselves as the (insert genre of choice) machine and let that sell the system.

rafichamp said:
LOL, your saying the Xbox 360 only has one shooter? ROFLROFL, but I agree with you saying that Microsoft will never find a Gran Turismo killer.

Name me another 360 FPS thats exclusive and Published by M$

What do you mean fair?

Around the Network

No.
Probably never will.

Halo is to FPS what Gran Turismo is to Racing and what Mario is to gaming.

Orca_Azure said:
It's hard to fight a company on their grounds. You don't see anyone trying to take the platforming/family loved title away from nintendo :p it's just not a fight they're going to win.

Sony should focus more on establishing themselves as the (insert genre of choice) machine and let that sell the system.

Exactly.  Sony should focus on what they always was known best for,  RPGs! 

@bonker, FPS is not the only kind of shooter in the world. The 360 is mostly known for its shooters, heck even its controller was built to support shooters.

rafichamp said:
@bonker, FPS is not the only kind of shooter in the world. The 360 is mostly known for its shooters, heck even its controller was built to support shooters.

So would you consider Uncharted and MGS a shooter too?  Then that should add more on the PS3 list.

Screw Halo-killer or Gran Turismo-killer....how about a Wii-Sports killer??? It cant be beat!

I think Wii-Sports is just like the movie Titanic, its the biggest grossing movie yet its not the best written movie nor has the coolest cast, lots of old people and girls enjoy watching it.....dam Nintendo pulled a Titanic!