By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have Sony found a Halo killer?

PullusPardus said:
i think they did ages ago , its called PlanetSide.

I use to play planetside.. I liked it a lot, but if your calling planetside a Halo killer than you never played it

ps - Reading the latest preview about MAG made me think of planetside

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
richardhutnik said:
Carl2291 said:
No.
Probably never will.

Halo is to FPS what Gran Turismo is to Racing and what Mario is to gaming.

Actually, Gran Turismo needs to be put in the category of "driving sims".  I say this, because are insistent that Gears is not in the same category as Halo or Killzone 2.  Mario Kart is now king of racing games, due to the sheer number of copies Mario Kart Wii had sold.

Hmm... agreed.

I so much wish I would stop mangling English as bad as I do posting on here.  "because are insistent" should be "because some people are insistent".  Anyhow, I don't agree with this argument, but I do believe Mario Kart is a different kind of racing game.  It targets a different type of player than Gran Turismo and Forza do.  In the case of Halo, MAG, Gears, Killzone 2, and so on, they all target the same core audience.

Halo is already dead.

Only thing halo has is sales.... but as for competing in quality with new games (resistence 2/COD:waw/ killzone 2/gears of war2/red faction) halo is dead and buried.

After the cash-in new halo game.... even the most hardcore halo fan will realise that.

Halo is dead?

It has the most active players on live. There is absolutely no way halo is dead.

solidpumar said:

Halo is already dead.

Only thing halo has is sales.... but as for competing in quality with new games (resistence 2/COD:waw/ killzone 2/gears of war2/red faction) halo is dead and buried.

After the cash-in new halo game.... even the most hardcore halo fan will realise that.

Siriusly? the f**k is wrong with you?

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

I don't think Sony will ever find a Halo killer, just as I don't think Microsoft will find a Gran Turismo killer.

Sure there will be amazing shooters on the PS3, and great racers on the 360 but none can match Halo and GT respectively.

kn said:

Why do people continue to call games the -killer?

Because the media have trained us that absolutely everything is a conflict.

solidpumar said:

Halo is already dead.

Good way to start your new username. Halo 3 has most players online in LIVE.

DirtyP2002 said:
feel-x said:

i don't think that halo 3 can be beaten, because almost everyone who owns a 360 got it because of  no alternatives and the huge hype + more people owns a 360 than a ps3.

i think its normal when a consol is sold over 7 million times more than the other, that the game your thinking of, if you hear 360, is sold more than any ps3 fps.

but this doesnt speak for its quality: i think halo 3 has no points it couldn#t be beaten by a exklusic fps for ps3.

my friends all bought it at the first day and their were amazed... at the very beginning. then they get bored and now one of my friends even hate to play it multiplayer, because its so unbalanced.

i thnik its fun because even i how play all 6 months a day have good chances to kill him......

and stop with l4d, it isn't exclusive at all (PC).....

And this is where the bullshit starts!

One PS3-fan claims the Xbox360 is the shooter-box, because there are lots of shooters available and the other PS3-fan claims Halo3 sold so well, because there was no alternative.

is this how we collapse time and space?

Cueil said:
DirtyP2002 said:
feel-x said:

i don't think that halo 3 can be beaten, because almost everyone who owns a 360 got it because of  no alternatives and the huge hype + more people owns a 360 than a ps3.

i think its normal when a consol is sold over 7 million times more than the other, that the game your thinking of, if you hear 360, is sold more than any ps3 fps.

but this doesnt speak for its quality: i think halo 3 has no points it couldn#t be beaten by a exklusic fps for ps3.

my friends all bought it at the first day and their were amazed... at the very beginning. then they get bored and now one of my friends even hate to play it multiplayer, because its so unbalanced.

i thnik its fun because even i how play all 6 months a day have good chances to kill him......

and stop with l4d, it isn't exclusive at all (PC).....

And this is where the bullshit starts!

One PS3-fan claims the Xbox360 is the shooter-box, because there are lots of shooters available and the other PS3-fan claims Halo3 sold so well, because there was no alternative.

is this how we collapse time and space?

360 owners got no alternatives lol. There are plenty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_games