By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have Sony found a Halo killer?

Updated the numbers. I will add Halo ODST numbers when its available.

Around the Network

Nintendo: best platform game ever
Microsoft: best shooter ever (console-based)
Sony: best racing game ever

thats all i got to say...and that will never change!

rafichamp said:
LOL, your saying the Xbox 360 only has one shooter? ROFLROFL, but I agree with you saying that Microsoft will never find a Gran Turismo killer.

Are you going to answer the question or just make fun of the 360?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Different companies should deliver different products. If they start to do the same, what's the point? What would we win?

We would loose variety.

rafichamp said:
^^@ V-rock, if Killzone 2 was bundled with the ps3 forever it would be the biggest selling game of all time too.

your logic is flawed. Even if KZ2 was bundled with PS3 in all regions including Japan, it wouldn't be the biggest selling game of all time if Wii outsells PS3.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network
Black RL said:
Different companies should deliver different products. If they start to do the same, what's the point? What would we win?

We would loose variety.

Sounds like we get more variety to me.  Sometimes fans of a genre like to see reinterpretations there of.  It doesn't mean they dont still work on or ever intend to bring old series back.  Just a refinement of ideas games they like.  Without DMC we might never have had Ninja Gaiden, God of War, bayonetta, or dante's inferno.  However i appreciate these reinterpretations because DMC4 was lackluster.   

depends on what you like, killzone2 may not of sold what halo3 sold, killzone is so much better in everyway, it is a halo killer, sales dont matter to me much, for the most part people who like fps bought a 360 , adventure games, sports, all others bought a ps3, now sony is droping some killer pfs, now do they have the amount of people buying there console that play fps, to make great sales, ? dont know, all i know is if killzone was on 360 halo sales would drop . so ps3 shooters  i like better then 360s

i have a 360 and ps3, i loved halo, i played all, halo 1, halo 2, halo 3 , i bought halo odst yesterday, and even halo wars, i love the game, just like i love killzone 2, and res1and 2, i bought halo3 odst to see what it was about, i honestly am betting board with halo, all games are the same, same guns, same enemies, same everything, now halo will sale well because it has a very strong following, me as a gamer i just have to ask honestly are you getting board with it to, it has nothing to do with a bad game, just a played out game? im ready for bungie to do somthing different, sorry if this is a double thread.

I don't think Sony nor Nintendo will ever find a franchise as great as Halo. Halo series is one of those great franchise games that only come once in a lifetime. I may be a Sony fan but to be honest, I don't think there is any game to match up Halo's features, especially their online features.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

In terms of sales no... But I can name a few shooters that is more fun that Halo.

Don't get me wrong though Halo 3 was a blast back in the days.