By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have Sony found a Halo killer?

Showertea said:
kn said:
Why do people continue to call games the -killer? For example... multiple games have been hyped as a Halo Killer. Halo can't be killed. It is a title that exists and has been successful (wildly successful). No game will ever change that hence no game will ever kill it.

If GT5 and Forza 3 launched within a week of each other and droves of potential customers dropped GT5 and instead bought Forza 3 then you have a "killer". Other than that scenario, a sucessful game can't be killed unless the conqueror somehow makes the conquered sell negative numbers and go back to zero.

In short, drop the "killer" shit. It's old.

The Conduit is going to be the real Halo Killer. But only because HVS included a line of code that destabilizes the atoms of Halo 3 discs, instantly reducing the sales total for Halo 3 to zero!

Really, nothing is an anything killer. Even if Forza 3 is a billion times better than GT5, and sells ten times as well, GT5 is still going to sell really damned good because it's a popular franchise. 

Actually, this would make Halo sell even more. The sales would remain, but every Halo 3 fan would have to rebuy the game when it becomes available for digital download. and Microsoft could laugh as it hit 12m sales.

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
i think they did ages ago , its called PlanetSide.

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahaha.

Excuse me.

I likes PS when it came out. Until the 100th time i died due to terrible lag. I'm sure it's fine now, but when it came out (and for quite a while following) there were many negative play experiences.

That said, I'd like to see a MMO Halo game follow it's path. With current servers/bandwidth, it'd be quite a game.

solidpumar said:

Halo is already dead.

Only thing halo has is sales.... but as for competing in quality with new games (resistence 2/COD:waw/ killzone 2/gears of war2/red faction) halo is dead and buried.

After the cash-in new halo game.... even the most hardcore halo fan will realise that.

You see, there's this game option, "multiplayer", in which Halo trumps all of those. You should try it.

Jereel Hunter said:
PullusPardus said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahaha.

Excuse me. That's like calling Everquest a World of WarCraft killer.

I likes PS when it came out. Until the 100th time i died due to terrible lag. I'm sure it's fine now, but when it came out (and for quite a while following) there were many negative play experiences.

That said, I'd like to see a MMO Halo game follow it's path. With current servers/bandwidth, it'd be quite a game.

Jereel Hunter said:
Jereel Hunter said:
PullusPardus said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhahahahaha.

Excuse me. That's like calling Everquest a World of WarCraft killer.

why did you quote yourself ?  O_o;

anyways there is no "Game X " Killer EVER , i meant that sony DO have their own Halo , that game seriously feel like Halo but with huge worlds.

Around the Network
radha said:
to me the PS3 was suppose to be the RPG machine, but sony has forgotten about RPG fans :'(

Seems like Sony presumed they would keep this niche because Square(Enix) happened to make jumps to the bigger storage last time, and the PS3 has the most storage for games.  So, they decided to try to focus on the Microsoft core competencies, in order to try to totally kill off Microsoft.  Microsoft then holds serve on their strengths, and they make a specific intent on targeting RPGs this time around.  End result is that Microsoft is competitive everywhere with their 360, in all stuff besides the Wii area. 

One can also look at what Nintendo did also, targeting casual play, with an easier to get into controller for people who don't normally play.  So, in this, Sony has been left competing in areas where it didn't expect, and with a system that is in third place.  The Playstation approach isn't working for them this time around.

why is Halo 3 such a big game,I know 9.63 mill is a big no. but hey 13 million is a bigger no.
and the game is Call of Duty 4,with 7.5 mill+ units on X360 while the much underrated Call of duty: WaW has sold 5.5 mill+ units on X360 and 10 mill+ units overall.If they were X360 xclusive they wud have outdone Halo 3 easily.Some prefer ps3 to X360 for better graphics so sales are divided.And Halo 3 is not the best shooter ever,its nowhere near to half-life 2 or COD 4.Its just a marketing hoopla that sells it.Its a average shooter with loads of marketing behind it.One word Overhyped,linear,predictable too short.

Modern Warfare 2 will certainly outsell Halo 3.

and games can't be killed.

Yes Sony will Make moar FPS games....MS will release one tittle and people will buy it past the 5 millions...its common math....

"Some prefer ps3 to X360 for better graphics so sales are divided"

Please tell me your not saying Modern Warefare 1 had better graphics on PS3 then 360. It's not true, they are the same on both versions.

CaptDS9E said:
"Some prefer ps3 to X360 for better graphics so sales are divided"

Please tell me your not saying Modern Warefare 1 had better graphics on PS3 then 360. It's not true, they are the same on both versions.

What he is trying to say is that games that sell less have moar quality...You know..Lke a bunch of Non Xbox 360 games