By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Have Sony found a Halo killer?

Honestly i don't get why halo sold so well,I bought the game on release day,took it home beat the campaign, played multiplayer, than within a week traded it in. I think people just see the name halo and charge after it,but sony will never kill halo nor do they need to.

Around the Network
Snake612 said:
I don't think Sony nor Nintendo will ever find a franchise as great as Halo. Halo series is one of those great franchise games that only come once in a lifetime. I may be a Sony fan but to be honest, I don't think there is any game to match up Halo's features, especially their online features.

I agree. Forza will never be a GT killer and KZ2 will never be a Halo killer.  Games like GT and Halo don't sell millions because of name alone.  These games are successfull because its appeal to the Mass.  I know people who hate playing FPS but just enjoy playing Halo multiplayer and Co-Op.

What's the definition of a Killer?

Are we talking about some new title that *stops* an opposing franchise from selling? Or kills the opposing franchise outright?

Or are we saying some title on a competing console which matches or approaches the sales of the other platform's biggie?
A PS3 FPS which approaches (80% of sales) or matches Halo
An Xbox360 racer which approaches (80% of sales) or matches GT

Just trying to get an idea what 'killer' means

lilc64 said:
Honestly i don't get why halo sold so well,I bought the game on release day,took it home beat the campaign, played multiplayer, than within a week traded it in. I think people just see the name halo and charge after it,but sony will never kill halo nor do they need to.

They don't need to but they are trying really hard,  releasing shooters after shooters.  There will be another SOCOM, another Resistance, another Killzone another MAG before the PS4.

rover said:
What's the definition of a Killer?

Are we talking about some new title that *stops* an opposing franchise from selling? Or kills the opposing franchise outright?

Or are we saying some title on a competing console which matches or approaches the sales of the other platform's biggie?
A PS3 FPS which approaches (80% of sales) or matches Halo
An Xbox360 racer which approaches (80% of sales) or matches GT

Just trying to get an idea what 'killer' means

I think it's more of a sales figure thing... and probably you want a real competitor to run about 60-80 percent... a killer title is something that has the potential to compete on a sales level... for FPSes that's MW series and for racers Forza is the closest thing you got to GT...

Around the Network

Has anything touted as a killer actually succeeded at this point?

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

socom is not a fps... no where close to one

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

maybe Killzone 3 , by the time its released maybe ps3 over takes xbox 360 sales but who knows.

If they could work out an exclusive deal with a proven FPS developer, then it's very possible. All that's left is massive advertising.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Stop all of the "killer" shit. It's fucking gay and it kills whatever you're trying to say is the killer.