By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Assassins Creed sold 4,5 million on 360 and only 120k on Pc?

darthdevidem01 said:
wow it sold AMAZING on the PS3!!

If PC sales are that low, its just sad!

Its because all the people with gaming PCs have a PS3 so they just got it for the console.

Tease.

Around the Network

@axumblade

usaully sequels to worse than the first game

Even though AC2 looks better, it may not do as well & 8 MILLION IS HUGE!

AC as ubisoft said is the breakthrough HD New IP of this gen (COD4 isn't a new ip LOL)

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

1. Those numbers don't include digital distribution numbers.

2. Wasn't Assassin's Creed an exercise in mediocrity, amidst a huge publicity campaign? I imagine console sales also dropped like a rock after the publicity campaign died down and people were realizing how mediocre it was. Just a thought...

Slimebeast said:
Stan85 said:

So...why do developers keep doing this? They keep supporting the Pc like there is no piracy. It is the most piratated platform.

Click and download. Simple. I think they are shooting themselved is the legs.

My only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day.

Not fair at all !!

Piracy is probably why they pushed back the release of the game for the PC in all honesty. They put it on the PC as a fanservice for those who want to legitimately buy the games on the PC.

Condemned 2 did not come to Pc even if Condemned 1 was on Pc also...same goes for Midnight Club  and so on.

Some games stick to consoles,and they are doing a good job avoiding heavy piracy. But the Pc was not always like this.

The Pc was the only platform for next gen games a while ago,with many exclusives and many Pc sales.

But not any more. Consoles are the best DRM devices and have the best sales. But the Pc is still supported by many.

Again,my only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day. And there are people that still buy Pc versions,and many pirates defend the Pc saying they are legit because they want to pirate in peace and not go to consoles..

I agree. I didn't pay for my copy of Assassin's Creed because I knew that it would come out on PC after a few months.

Same with GTA4, Far Cry 2, RE 5 and so on lol.

I don't know why the developers are so stupid that they keep releasing PC versions of most of their great games to us for free.

Exactly,you can rent a console game if you don`t have the money to buy it. You can`t do that with Pc games.

But why whould you rent a Pc game when you can download it in the privacy of your own home?

Still,Condemned 2,Battlefield BC,Gears 2,Fable 2,Forza 3,Halo 3,Ninja Gaiden 2,Halo Wars,Lost Odyssey,Bayonetta,Army of Two 2,Dante`s Inferno,Darksiders,Space Marines,FF 13,Risen and many more future games will be on consoles and not on Pc,so...not everyone is "stupid to release on Pc"

And this looks to be only the tip of the iceberg,things don`t look good for the future of Pc gaming.

Stan85 said:
Slimebeast said:
Stan85 said:

So...why do developers keep doing this? They keep supporting the Pc like there is no piracy. It is the most piratated platform.

My only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day.

Not fair at all !!

Piracy is probably why they pushed back the release of the game for the PC in all honesty. They put it on the PC as a fanservice for those who want to legitimately buy the games on the PC.

Condemned 2 did not come to Pc even if Condemned 1 was on Pc also...same goes for Midnight Club  and so on.

Some games stick to consoles,and they are doing a good job avoiding heavy piracy. But the Pc was not always like this.

The Pc was the only platform for next gen games a while ago,with many exclusives and many Pc sales.

But not any more. Consoles are the best DRM devices and have the best sales. But the Pc is still supported by many.

Again,my only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day. And there are people that still buy Pc versions,and many pirates defend the Pc saying they are legit because they want to pirate in peace and not go to consoles..

I agree. I didn't pay for my copy of Assassin's Creed because I knew that it would come out on PC after a few months.

I don't know why the developers are so stupid that they keep releasing PC versions of most of their great games to us for free.

Exactly,you can rent a console game if you don`t have the money to buy it. You can`t do that with Pc games.

But why whould you rent a Pc game when you can download it in the privacy of your own home?

Still,Condemned 2,Battlefield BC,Gears 2,Fable 2,Forza 3,Halo 3,Ninja Gaiden 2,Halo Wars,Lost Odyssey,Bayonetta,Army of Two 2,Dante`s Inferno,Darksiders,Space Marines,FF 13,Risen and many more future games will be on consoles and not on Pc,so...not everyone is "stupid to release on Pc"

And this looks to be only the tip of the iceberg,things don`t look good for the future of Pc gaming.

True, the devs and publishers are getting wiser. I really hope they refuse to release their biggest games on PC.
(I mean, I pirate PC games myself but it's wrong.. and the best way to stop it, is simply to make it impossible)

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Stan85 said:
Slimebeast said:
Stan85 said:

Not fair at all !!

True, the devs and publishers are getting wiser. I really hope they refuse to release their biggest games on PC.
(I mean, I pirate PC games myself but it's wrong.. and the best way to stop it, is simply to make it impossible)

True,going "consoles only" is a very smart move.

And if you don`t have 60$ for every game,you can always pay 10$/month and rent all the console games you want,day 1.

That is something Pc fails to do and piracy provides. Renting games day 1 is a way to support the developers/publishers,because the game has to come from somewhere and many people prefer renting because they just aren`t millionaires.

Slimebeast said:
Stan85 said:

Huh, that's not even close to what's happening. We are seeing more and more PC support and exclusive PC games from developers and publishers. Just look at EA and Square-Enix - both are giving so much support to PC gaming that is affecting the releases on consoles.

EA for example, their 3 biggest games in the last 12 months were PC exclusives: Spore, Sims 3 and Warhammer Online. Square-Enix just annouced as many PC games as any HD console, FFXIV and Front Mission coming to PC and with heavy rumors that FFXIII will also come to PC. They also recently released Yosumin and The Last Remnant with exclusive Steam achievements.

I was surprise how good the PC version was made... But I suppose that's not important: it didn't exactly seem like a good port, and it also had ridiculously high minimum requirements.

Besides, I doubt we can't count on those numbers to be exact.

Zkuq said:
I was surprise how good the PC version was made... But I suppose that's not important: it didn't exactly seem like a good port, and it also had ridiculously high minimum requirements.

Besides, I doubt we can't count on those numbers to be exact.

Exactly, the guy is just a developer, someone who doesn't come in direct contact with the hard numbers from Ubisoft. The 8 millions figure can be outdated, or only count the console versions, or only count the retail sales, etc...

Still, I was under the impression that AC did significantly better than 120k for PC. It keeps on topping charts from digital stores like D2D and Steam every now and then. Just last week there was a discount on the game on Steam and it reached top10 best sellers during that time.

By the way, here's best selling games last week on Steam:

Steam Weekly Top Sellers
The top selling games on Steam by revenue for the week, updated every Sunday.

#1 - Left 4 Dead
#2 - Killing Floor
#3 - Assassin's Creed™: Director's Cut Edition
#4 - Team Fortress 2
#5 - Unreal Tournament 3 Black
#6 - Penumbra Collector Pack
#7 - Counter-Strike: Source
#8 - Unreal Deal Pack
#9 - The Orange Box
#10 - Freedom Force: Freedom Pack

Assassin's Creed was 3rd best seller last week on Steam, and no doubt it sold a few dozens of thousands of copies considering it had a discount of atleast 50%, and the top sellers are ordered by revenue.

You guys are funny with your "90% of PC gamers pirate games" logic. And actually hoping that PC gaming goes away because of it? I hope you realize that PC gaming benefits your console gaming more than a little bit (Did you really think XBL was the first time people played games online?).

Besides, Valve has pretty much stemmed piracy for anything purchased on Steam. Any modern game with online play is impervious to pirating.
Developers occasionally blame pirates because of their lackluster games... but in the meanwhile, good games are selling VERY well on PC.