By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Assassins Creed sold 4,5 million on 360 and only 120k on Pc?

axumblade said:
Stan85 said:
axumblade said:
To be fair...the PC version released a good 6 months later and had some issues when it came out iirc.

To be fair...the Pc version got leaked and was all over the net a good time before the game hit the stores.

And if you click on the link,he doesn`t say console sales...he sais total sales.

Many bought the game on consoles...and many pirated the game on Pc. Few Pc players bought the game.

120 000 actually

So...why do developers keep doing this? They keep supporting the Pc like there is no piracy. It is the most piratated platform.

Click and download. Simple. I think they are shooting themselved is the legs.

My only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day.

Not fair at all !!

Piracy is probably why they pushed back the release of the game for the PC in all honesty. They put it on the PC as a fanservice for those who want to legitimately buy the games on the PC.

Condemned 2 did not come to Pc even if Condemned 1 was on Pc also...same goes for Midnight Club  and so on.

Some games stick to consoles,and they are doing a good job avoiding heavy piracy. But the Pc was not always like this.

The Pc was the only platform for next gen games a while ago,with many exclusives and many Pc sales.

But not any more. Consoles are the best DRM devices and have the best sales. But the Pc is still supported by many.

Again,my only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day. And there are people that still buy Pc versions,and many pirates defend the Pc saying they are legit because they want to pirate in peace and not go to consoles.

Sad...check the best selling games on Pc-WoW and Sims...harcore players have moved to consoles or torrent sites,while there are still few legit Pc gamers out there. But less and less every year.

Around the Network

If I remember correctly, Assassin's Creed on PC had heavy piracy numbers.

Maybe the people didn't like the game when they finished it once after downloading it and thus never got round to buying it after the extended trial.

Tease.

The main reason? A site called piratebay.org

Well other than the later release date, it sadly is piracy.

Around the Network
Stan85 said:

So...why do developers keep doing this? They keep supporting the Pc like there is no piracy. It is the most piratated platform.

My only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day.

Not fair at all !!

Piracy is probably why they pushed back the release of the game for the PC in all honesty. They put it on the PC as a fanservice for those who want to legitimately buy the games on the PC.

Condemned 2 did not come to Pc even if Condemned 1 was on Pc also...same goes for Midnight Club  and so on.

Some games stick to consoles,and they are doing a good job avoiding heavy piracy. But the Pc was not always like this.

The Pc was the only platform for next gen games a while ago,with many exclusives and many Pc sales.

But not any more. Consoles are the best DRM devices and have the best sales. But the Pc is still supported by many.

Again,my only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day. And there are people that still buy Pc versions,and many pirates defend the Pc saying they are legit because they want to pirate in peace and not go to consoles..

I agree. I didn't pay for my copy of Assassin's Creed because I knew that it would come out on PC after a few months.

Same with GTA4, Far Cry 2, RE 5 and so on lol.

I don't know why the developers are so stupid that they keep releasing PC versions of most of their great games to us for free.

Slimebeast said:
Stan85 said:

Not fair at all !!

Again,my only problem is that onest people buy the console version,whyle a thief pirates the Pc version the same day. And there are people that still buy Pc versions,and many pirates defend the Pc saying they are legit because they want to pirate in peace and not go to consoles..

I agree. I didn't pay for my copy of Assassin's Creed because I knew that it would come out on PC after a few months.

Same with GTA4, Far Cry 2, RE 5 and so on lol.

I don't know why the developers are so stupid that they keep releasing PC versions of most of their great games to us for free.

Expanded monetary opportunities.  Or maybe they have a more optimistic picture of the world than just the "slime" at the bottom. 

sales on PC are bad because they gave us a buggy as hell game. I was going to review the game but I can't get past the glitches. the game deserves to have sold no copies at all frankly.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

wow it sold AMAZING on the PS3!!

If PC sales are that low, its just sad!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey